Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone upgraded their suspension with the H&R sport springs (1.2" drop F/R)? does it cause the front sport lip spoiler to scrape? Does it cause the tires to rub fender when cornering hard?

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
The 2014 oem sport springs have already left some marks under the front spoiler and side valence regardless of how slowly some common driveways are negotiated ... really irritating to see those scrapes during cleaning
If you keep f/r track fairly stock dont think you will rub since its part of the now limited travel at -1.2”

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2014 oem sport springs have already left some marks under the front spoiler and side valence regardless of how slowly some common driveways are negotiated ... really irritating to see those scrapes during cleaning
If you keep f/r track fairly stock dont think you will rub since its part of the now limited travel at -1.2”
I checked with Bilstein and they confirmed that their B8 struts and shocks are twin-tube designs , and hence it should not raise the ride height, like some high pressure monotube performance shocks do.
But I was thinking of upgrading the ride performance of my CLA, and replace the factory sport package springs with the H&R sport springs and combine it with the Bilstein B8 shocks. Want to get that "planted" solid feel of a good sport suspension, but without compromising ride compliance and comfort too much. Heard the Bilstein B8 offer a firm planted ride, but without the harshness.

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
Well somewhere along the line F=kx will come into play so to avoid the mechanical stop the limited travel range will have to accommodate the same mass somehow
Though if chosen and tuned correctly the proper shock/spring combo may indeed work well enough for less damaged roads
I would be curious to see the damping and spring rate curves for a 35mm drop in ride height for good compliance at say 0 to -10mm .... rather nonlinear presumably

1 - 4 of 4 Posts