Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Had a car crash, now got to wait till Jan 2024 for a part? Anyone else in the same situation?

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Chealey 
#1 ·
I had a car crash in March and it’s being fixed through direct line. They’ve said they can’t get a parking sensor until Jan 2024 from Mercedes’ so I can’t have my car back 😂 NICE ONE

#2 ·
Hold on a darn tootin' minute.... seriously? I don't know what direct line is, is that something MB has arranged? Even with the supply chain issues, surely they can source a parking sensor from somewhere!? Buy one off the internet yourself and hand it to them, 10 months without your car..... I hope they have at least arranged a replacement loaner/rental vehicle for you paid by the insurance!

• Love
Reactions: Geo K
#7 ·
2024 not 2023 so 18 months
yeah this sounds more like what it is.This is being fixed through my insurance company’s garage (they are called direct line). I had front end damage and they’ve told me that they must fit a brand new part because it’s part of the safety system.
I have a replacement vehicle but it is a crappy petrol Audi A3 1.5ltr.
the garage has had my car since March but only yesterday told me the lead time they were given by MB. They’ve said they are trying to source another part but they are not having much luck.
If they are talking 18 months for a repair i would be pushing them for a better hire car.

However an audi 1.5 tsi isn't too bad. Could be worse you could be in a ford focus or vauxhall astra

#3 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum Chealey :)
Was this statement from a MB dealer?
Doesn't sound like the full story. Suggest you confirm the exact part # and post it here.

#4 ·
Sounds like the front radar behind the star rather than a parking sensor ,I had to wait 14 weeks for my one due to it failing and because the part was not available .
They won’t give you it back due to it being part of the emergency braking system, you could ask them to fit a second hand one.

#5 ·
yeah this sounds more like what it is.This is being fixed through my insurance company’s garage (they are called direct line). I had front end damage and they’ve told me that they must fit a brand new part because it’s part of the safety system.
I have a replacement vehicle but it is a crappy petrol Audi A3 1.5ltr.
the garage has had my car since March but only yesterday told me the lead time they were given by MB. They’ve said they are trying to source another part but they are not having much luck.

#9 ·
I called them today to request a diesel as theyve given me a petrol. im hoping they replace it with something better than a 1.5 A3 lol. But will keep everyone informed. I also checked with Mercedes and they genuinely have a wait time of 18 months for the part that i need.
[/QUOTE]

You may end up with an Astra diesel after all 🤣

#10 ·
I called them today to request a diesel as theyve given me a petrol. im hoping they replace it with something better than a 1.5 A3 lol. But will keep everyone informed. I also checked with Mercedes and they genuinely have a wait time of 18 months for the part that i need.

You may end up with an Astra diesel after all 🤣
[/QUOTE]
Probably knowing my luck 😂

#18 ·
They probably read your post and someone got a rocket up their backside!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.