Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, quick “q” my 2015 CLA has a two inch ride hight difference between front passenger and driver side, a noticeable tilt. It also pulls slightly to right when I straighten steering wheel? Is this a shock worn? I have notified the dealership I purchased from as still under warranty but wanted to know anyone’s thoughts so I could give a better opinion to dealership. Thanks guys ???

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
presuming this evaluation is on level ground ... they are gonna have to check the suspension etc
they have these fancy inclination meters and some crazy multipath measurement map
drop into any serious road dips lately?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I am guessing that you live in the UK and that you bought this CLA used.
Bet you a Heineken, that it has been in an disabling accident , (smashup) and Not repaired to MB specs.
Suggest that you order a CARFAX, (available in Euro since 2007), and study your car's history - stuff your dealer didn't tell you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am guessing that you live in the UK and that you bought this CLA used.
Bet you a Heineken, that it has been in an disabling accident , (smashup) and Not repaired to MB specs.
Suggest that you order a CARFAX, (available in Euro since 2007), and study your car's history - stuff your dealer didn't tell you.
Thanks everyone for the help. Car definitely not been in accident as I had full vehicle history with car plus payed for full background check and everything is A ok ??. The only thing I can think of was I was on holiday in the Mediterranean and driving through France on some very long tight hilly roads there was a sudden dip undulation which bottomed the car out very slightly hearing a small scuff in the undercarriage but no visible damage?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
"Sudden bottoming" would do it if the issue wasn't present before your holiday. Suggest a MB inspection and repair.

Reactions: MBowd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Sudden bottoming" would do it if the issue wasn't present before your holiday. Suggest a MB inspection and repair.
Great thanks ??
I have messaged the dealership now waiting for them to get back in touch. Thanks for the help everyone much appreciated! ?

·
Registered
386 Posts
presuming this evaluation is on level ground ... they are gonna have to check the suspension etc
they have these fancy inclination meters and some crazy multipath measurement map
drop into any serious road dips lately?
JMC, I recall you saying that you had kept measurements of the ride height to check your suspension. Do you mind sharing the numbers?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JMC, I recall you saying that you had kept measurements of the ride height to check your suspension. Do you mind sharing the numbers?
It’s riding 6cm gap tyre to arch on the passenger side and 7cm gap on the driver side which is approx one finger width difference

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
conditions: level ground / ~1/2 tank / 36F32Rpsi / 225/40-18 / ~5.5mm tread depth
front arch height: 660mm / rear arch height: 664mm (arch high point to ground)

good to keep an eye on these numbers cuz they are very revealing ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
conditions: level ground / ~1/2 tank / 36F32Rpsi / 225/40-18 / ~5.5mm tread depth
front arch height: 660mm / rear arch height: 664mm (arch high point to ground)

good to keep an eye on these numbers cuz they are very revealing ...
That’s brilliant thankyou! I will keep an eye on that really appreciate it thanks ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts