Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pretty much have decided to purchase a CLA, only problem now is finding the right one. I am looking for one that has Bi-xenon lights with sport package, possibly with with map pack. Only problem is I have looked around and the sport package is fairly rare to find where I am (Boston area, MA). I want to avoid special ordering as it takes too long and I need a car sooner than later. Looking online is also no help, as most dealers don't go into any details as to what options the cars have added. Any help? :sad:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Try new country Mercedes in Hartford CT. That is where they have a few cars. I ordered my AMG from them. I also am from Massachusetts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Over half of the members here put on their patience hats and ordered it. That is my recommendation. Cars are usually the second biggest (third if you are married teehee!) purchase most of us have. You deserve the car you want so IMHO you should order your car. You will get the car you want without making any sacrifices.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
So I pretty much have decided to purchase a CLA, only problem now is finding the right one. I am looking for one that has Bi-xenon lights with sport package, possibly with with map pack. Only problem is I have looked around and the sport package is fairly rare to find where I am (Boston area, MA). I want to avoid special ordering as it takes too long and I need a car sooner than later. Looking online is also no help, as most dealers don't go into any details as to what options the cars have added. Any help? :sad:
Eight CLA250 at our local dealership - all sold - none had sport package. There was talk on the forum about shortage of sport package components a couple of months ago and may be there was some truth to it. I believe it was rumored the twin five spoke AMG rims that were in short supply.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When my dealer got their first batch...they only received 5. 4/5 did NOT have the sport package. I was lucky enough that the last one (sold all 4 in 24hrs) had one and i was able to call dibs on it! :)

Just like what others have said...it's a big purchase so take your time in finding the right one for you or order it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eight CLA250 at our local dealership - all sold - none had sport package. There was talk on the forum about shortage of sport package components a couple of months ago and may be there was some truth to it. I believe it was rumored the twin five spoke AMG rims that were in short supply.
There definitely is a shortage of cars that have the Sports Package. I have looked all over the state of MA and most of neighboring states dealers and only have come across 2-3 CLAs that had it equipped. Its really a shame, it adds a lot to the car and without it, for me, it losses a lot of its styling appeal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Over half of the members here put on their patience hats and ordered it. That is my recommendation. Cars are usually the second biggest (third if you are married teehee!) purchase most of us have. You deserve the car you want so IMHO you should order your car. You will get the car you want without making any sacrifices.
The more time I spend looking around, the more I get the feeling I should have taken the opportunity to get one of the last slots to order by the end of this month and have the car sometime in Nov. :disappointed:

·
Registered
240 Posts
i was in the same situation as you and could not find a car that I liked. after searching for about a week I decided to just give in and order. I also heard there is a shortage of sport package components so it will be awhile, maybe 8-10 weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts