Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for around 3 months now, I have had some major issues with my left passenger side headlight on my CLA45 2014 Pre-facelift. I had a really bad condensation leak on it and unfortunately, the headlight and sidelight have stopped working. The plug for the headlight was also corroded, but the DRL still works. I have bought new bulbs and they still do not work. When the automatic lights come on at night the left headlight completely stops working apart from when I put the indicator on. The headlight will also light up when I have a left lock on with the steering wheel (weird I know right). My question is does anyone know what could be the issue here? I've looked into buying a new headlight but Mercedes want over 1k GBP. And the only second-hand one I can find online is £500gbp and has crash damage. The only other option I can think of is fitting the facelift headlights onto my car as I'm able to pick up a pair for £680gbp. But will it be as simple as plug and play?

Thanks for your help everyone :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Welcome Scott :)
Suggest you need to check wiring, connections and fuses.
I always also recommend checking for codes.
Are you getting any messages or lights on your dash?

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
wait
a 45 has hids ... your has it yes?
the left lock thing might be the ils turn assist lamp - separate from the primary lamp
does your main lamp lens have a red trim ring?

·
Registered
3 Posts
you need to take out the bolt off the side of the bumper and i the front that hold the bumper w.e u do do no let the whole bumper come off .take out the light and switch the ballast that its in the bottom of the light it has 3 screws ..ghood lu ck

·
Registered
2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG
4 Posts
Having a bi xenon headlight issue hoping someone can help me. Water got in my drl control unit which knocked out led drl and turn signal lights and i replaced entire assembly and both control units with oem parts but outside of the dealership. Massive pain to install for a headlight but when i was done still had same issue. High/low worked but drl and turn didnt. I researched everything i could and the closest thing i can find to figuring it out was that it needs to be scn coded. I have yet to find a shop thats able to do it so i may have to return the parts and just take to the dealership to do the job. Complete bs to me that they make it near impossible to just install a headlight but whatever. If anyone has any insight on this issue it would be appreciated. I searched up and down these threads which is how i found out about scn coding but today i was told its now impossible to do outside a dealership or with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Tdixonv89 :)
We'll see if someone has run into this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts