Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for around 3 months now, I have had some major issues with my left passenger side headlight on my CLA45 2014 Pre-facelift. I had a really bad condensation leak on it and unfortunately, the headlight and sidelight have stopped working. The plug for the headlight was also corroded, but the DRL still works. I have bought new bulbs and they still do not work. When the automatic lights come on at night the left headlight completely stops working apart from when I put the indicator on. The headlight will also light up when I have a left lock on with the steering wheel (weird I know right). My question is does anyone know what could be the issue here? I've looked into buying a new headlight but Mercedes want over 1k GBP. And the only second-hand one I can find online is £500gbp and has crash damage. The only other option I can think of is fitting the facelift headlights onto my car as I'm able to pick up a pair for £680gbp. But will it be as simple as plug and play?

Thanks for your help everyone :)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Welcome Scott :)
Suggest you need to check wiring, connections and fuses.
I always also recommend checking for codes.
Are you getting any messages or lights on your dash?

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
wait
a 45 has hids ... your has it yes?
the left lock thing might be the ils turn assist lamp - separate from the primary lamp
does your main lamp lens have a red trim ring?

·
Registered
3 Posts
you need to take out the bolt off the side of the bumper and i the front that hold the bumper w.e u do do no let the whole bumper come off .take out the light and switch the ballast that its in the bottom of the light it has 3 screws ..ghood lu ck

·
Registered
2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG
4 Posts
Having a bi xenon headlight issue hoping someone can help me. Water got in my drl control unit which knocked out led drl and turn signal lights and i replaced entire assembly and both control units with oem parts but outside of the dealership. Massive pain to install for a headlight but when i was done still had same issue. High/low worked but drl and turn didnt. I researched everything i could and the closest thing i can find to figuring it out was that it needs to be scn coded. I have yet to find a shop thats able to do it so i may have to return the parts and just take to the dealership to do the job. Complete bs to me that they make it near impossible to just install a headlight but whatever. If anyone has any insight on this issue it would be appreciated. I searched up and down these threads which is how i found out about scn coding but today i was told its now impossible to do outside a dealership or with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Tdixonv89 :)
We'll see if someone has run into this.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Hmmm
One would think lamp units would be passive

But anyway I recall something like “recording the existing unit settings and transferring them to the new unit”
(presuming old/new swap of identical unit)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hi Ash11
Any person with a code reader can do it. Mechanics and the dealer included.
AutoZone will check for codes Free, if your "check engine" light is on.
Some of the members here, such as jmc above, not only have their own code reader, but a fully equipped garage.
__
I always recommend checking for codes, because there may be more than one issue contributing to a solution.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Oh ..... think these are not error codes
But the coding needed when certain parts are replaced
Here the coding is copied from the old unit to the new using a benz diag unit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts