Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although im aware some moisture is normal in the headlight, i tried and tried to dry mine and decided that im going to take the leap. So i took it apart, cleaned everything, re sealed it , and decided to black it out while i was at it

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum JLH:)
Is all of that muddy scum on the outside or inside of the lens?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the CLA Forum JLH:)
Is all of that muddy scum on the outside or inside of the lens?
Thank you , i have looked on this forum a long time ! And it was on the inside of the lens , so even if i was to dry the headlight , there would be some stains on the inside of the light , very frustrating

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How hard is it to unseal and reseal it ?
Surprisingly easy , i didnt even bake the headlight , i just used a hair dryer, the sealant is more of a strong putty that dosent really go off , sealing it back up was pretty easy as i used different silicone thats made for high temperatures. Hopefully the light dosent leak again

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
wow, what do you put your CLA through in your daily drive?

BTW, your tires look like they are ready to be changed out. Not much tread life left... You look like your CLA is running on slick tires...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, what do you put your CLA through in your daily drive?

BTW, your tires look like they are ready to be changed out. Not much tread life left... You look like your CLA is running on slick tires...
Not much at all actually, and the line going horizontally indicates i have over 2.6mm of tread left , so not to worry

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Not much at all actually, and the line going horizontally indicates i have over 2.6mm of tread left , so not to worry
Right, didn't see the treadware indicator in the picture before.

I was just looking at the tread pattern on those longitudinal treads, and it seems pretty bare... I assume you are running on summer tires?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right, didn't see the treadware indicator in the picture before.

I was just looking at the tread pattern on those longitudinal treads, and it seems pretty bare... I assume you are running on summer tires?
It has just went through a Mercedes service/health check. And passed a UK MOT so they are definitely road worthy, and im sure they are all season

1 - 11 of 11 Posts