Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

So a few weeks ago my right headlight went out on my 2014 CLA 250. I tried a new Xenon bulb but that didn’t work. On that same day I also noticed the daytime led light not working either. Saw the messages pop up for both issues on my dash. Luckily for me I still have an extended CPO warranty still in effect until the end of this month (June 25). Or so I thought.

Unfortunately a few days before bringing my car to the dealer I noticed a lot of condensation buildup inside the headlight area. This happened like 10 days after I noticed the lighting issues. Brought the car to the dealer and sure enough they were trying to tell me lighting module prob would not be covered if it was a seal leak. Tried telling them the issue happened long before the condensation happened . I left my car out in the rain for a few days and the weather was really humid so I’m guessing that was the cause.

Anyway I did not like the dealer Rep’s attitude so I decided to try another dealer. Guess I’m just wondering if there was a fault in the seal (and no damage/cracks to the outside headlight cover) shouldn’t this be covered under warranty? What I really want to do is try and clear out the condensation before I bring it to the next dealership. Is there an easy way to do this?
Thanks for reading and for any tips. I really don’t want to spend 3K on a lighting module when I still have an active extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have not read your warranty.
Suggest: Take the warranty back to the dealer and ask them to show you the words, which say it is Not covered, so you can be sure they are meeting their obligations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts