Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I drive a 2014 CLA45 amg and I'm in need of a headlight replacement. The left driver side. I was quoted $2000 for that one headlight! Is that what it should cost? How difficult is it to change a headlight? Please help..

· Registered
2,476 Posts
Hi guys,
I drive a 2014 CLA45 amg and I'm in need of a headlight replacement. The left driver side. I was quoted $2000 for that one headlight! Is that what it should cost? How difficult is it to change a headlight? Please help..
Wait , this is not a troll post right? If not, then okay, here goes...

$2000 repair cost for the headlight replacement... that is ridiculous unless you are replacing the whole headlight unit, and not just the bulb. The D1S HID bulb will run you approx $150-180 a pair and it is super easy to replace, 10 mins tops.

So if you want to get sincere help from the folks here in the forum, I think you should try to clarify what you mean by replacing the headlight.

· Registered
478 Posts
They gave me no choice with the est.
If they have the VIN # they probably know which you have so they based their estimate on your car.

If you look at the owner's manual you can determine which you have. Then you can shop the after market and save some money by buying the proper replacement bulbs and finding someone local that's familiar change it out.

For example - If you have the Xenon up-grade, if your lights are on when you start your car they will appear to oscillate up and down before stabilizing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts