Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the last 3 days, my driver heated seats work 1 of 2 times.

I start the car, i press the button, the 3 light doesn't light up. I shut the car off, open the door, close the door, start the car, and it work again... No issue with the passenger seats, only the driver seat. Every others buttons works.

It is winter here, maybe some snow got on to the connector under the seat, but i don't want to unplug it. I scare they gonna through AirBag error code on the dash...

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

I start the car, i press the button, the 3 light doesn't light up. I shut the car off, open the door, close the door, start the car, and it work again... No issue with the passenger seats, only the driver seat. Every others buttons works.

It is winter here, maybe some snow got on to the connector under the seat, but i don't want to unplug it. I scare they gonna through AirBag error code on the dash...

Any suggestions ?
Still under warranty? If yes, a simple dealer fix.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, but it is 3 hours away.. I need to plan a full day only for that :S

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
An obscure issue may be battery related especially in cold weather ... certain systems are “disabled” based on battery charge state. The door reset points to that cuz that “cheats” the system. Just a guess ... but yeah a dealer visit will yield a time chart for battery and charging system performance ... quite the jumpy charts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any suggestions ?
Did you ever manage to figure out what the issue was? My 2015 has started doing there same thing where you press the heated seat button and sometimes it will shit off right away and sometimes it will stay on and run through the “ three,two,then one light “ properly

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really, but i notice some moisture under the seat carpet during the winter. Maybe some water/snow got on the module under the seat.

I put a towel over it now and the problem never came back.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
You mean a towel between the seat system and floor carpet?
Wonder how the moisture is getting in?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, water and snow can splash under the seat.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Wow
Guess you need some much more serious foot trays!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the WeatherTech, but i added duck tape all around because the lip did not go higher, much better now.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I wonder why most other Mercedes have covers on the modules and our model doesn't?

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
... cost ...
but thats silly its <$10 though multiply that by a couple mil and that kills the profit for the quarter

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Instead of a floppy towel ... maybe a more conformal matte black alum foil ... look pretty cool

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look doesn't matter in winter, it is very messy inside and out..

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Oh i meant more conformal for better seal and heat dissipation
But if it happens to look a bit nicer yeah who cares

1 - 17 of 17 Posts