Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or from Brooklyn, I should say.

Just picked up my E1, first in Brooklyn, although I was told that they have 3 more on the way, all sold.

My wife and I were the 2nd people to put down a deposit and order a CLA at MB of Brooklyn back in March. I specified that I wanted the E1 back when it was rumored that only one would be available to top performing dealerships. I doubt that is the case, but I still feel exclusive for now. At the time, my dealer had no idea what the E1 was, so I directed him to the press release on the website and we configured a placeholder car from there. About a month and a half ago, he said it was on its way, and 2 weeks ago we were updated that it was at the VPC. Last weekend we went in for a test drive, and were told that the car should arrive within the month or early Oct. The car arrived on Thursday 9/26, and we picked it up this evening 9/28.

I got the standard lease deal, similar to everyone else. Only incentive received was a $500 coupon for going to the NY Int'l Auto Show to see the CLA. The coupon expired 9/25, but my dealer was able to extend it. All in all, I'm happy with the car.

I've been lurking on these forums since the Superbowl commercial, and I cannot emphasize how beneficial it has been. Thank you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Congrats bro, headturner for sure. Best of luck to you and more pics and feedback when you get a chance. Absolutely gorgeous car.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Just picked up my E1, first in Brooklyn, although I was told that they have 3 more on the way, all sold.

My wife and I were the 2nd people to put down a deposit and order a CLA at MB of Brooklyn back in March. I specified that I wanted the E1 back when it was rumored that only one would be available to top performing dealerships. I doubt that is the case, but I still feel exclusive for now. At the time, my dealer had no idea what the E1 was, so I directed him to the press release on the website and we configured a placeholder car from there. About a month and a half ago, he said it was on its way, and 2 weeks ago we were updated that it was at the VPC. Last weekend we went in for a test drive, and were told that the car should arrive within the month or early Oct. The car arrived on Thursday 9/26, and we picked it up this evening 9/28.

I got the standard lease deal, similar to everyone else. Only incentive received was a $500 coupon for going to the NY Int'l Auto Show to see the CLA. The coupon expired 9/25, but my dealer was able to extend it. All in all, I'm happy with the car.

I've been lurking on these forums since the Superbowl commercial, and I cannot emphasize how beneficial it has been. Thank you all!
Congrats! What kind of lease terms were you able to get ? I'm also in New York , what are you going to do about the tires?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

My daughter lives around Prospect Park ! Will tell her to look for a shinny E-1 on her way to work...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congrats! What kind of lease terms were you able to get ? I'm also in New York , what are you going to do about the tires?
I think the Money Factor was .00162 (maybe .00168, my credit score is tier 2), 10K lease @ 67% residual, we paid about $3.8K (less $1,500 from our $1K deposit and the $500 coupon) at signing which included maintenance and the wheel/tire insurance, my monthly payments will be about $515.

**forgot to mention, I got the wheel/tire insurance hoping that will address any issues with the tires. I've had summer tires in NYC many years ago and it was fine, however, since this is our family car I won't take any chances. If the car feels unsafe to drive, I'll see what I can do at the dealership.

My daughter lives around Prospect Park ! Will tell her to look for a shinny E-1 on her way to work...
Unless she works on the weekends, she is more likely to see me on my bicycle :) For now, "shinny" is just a drop of our daughter to work / weekend ride.

Nice! I also bought my cla 250 from MB of Brooklyn
Awesome, who was your dealer? Bentley Lashley took care of me and he was great all the way through. In fact, my sister is probably going to get a CLA or CLS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts