Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Illuminated Star and the Electrical Wiring Harness from the dealership and was told this is all I need to install the star. I've looked at a ton of YouTube videos on how to connect the factory connecters but none of the videos are for a 2020 CLA, and any previous models use a different fuse box so I'm having trouble figuring out where to connect it inside the fuse box. If you see the images below, the only open slot for that fuse size is #67 and is listed as the "Motor Diesel" on the fuse guide so I don't think its the right spot, regardless the metal connector attached to the positive wire (red) wont fit into any of the slots on the underside of the same fuse size. I'm really trying to avoid having the dealership install it since the install will cost more than the parts did, around $500. Does anyone have any idea where to connect the connector and fuse?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the Illuminated Star and the Electrical Wiring Harness from the dealership and was told this is all I need to install the star. I've looked at a ton of YouTube videos on how to connect the factory connecters but none of the videos are for a 2020 CLA, and any previous models use a different fuse box so I'm having trouble figuring out where to connect it inside the fuse box. If you see the images below, the only open slot for that fuse size is #67 and is listed as the "Motor Diesel" on the fuse guide so I don't think its the right spot, regardless the metal connector attached to the positive wire (red) wont fit into any of the slots on the underside of the same fuse size. I'm really trying to avoid having the dealership install it since the install will cost more than the parts did, around $500. Does anyone have any idea where to connect the connector and fuse?

View attachment 67156 View attachment 67155
I am in the same exact situation except my CLA IS 2021 what fuse spot did you end up using ? The info will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Cla180 sports 2018
6 Posts
Hi I just installed the led star on my 180 and I used the fuse adapter and it fits great I also used fuse 229 if that helps 5 amp took 20 mins to install

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed the illuminated star on my 2021 CLA 250. I posted a guide on the large MB forum, in the C118 sub-forum. But to anyone else reading this, I used fuse location 67 as mentioned by the OP. It worked great. However, I could not figure out how to use the fuse adapter provided in the OEM harness kit and had to buy an add-a-circuit to tap into fuse slot 67.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts