Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve noticed that the right side of the windshield sealant that is made out of rubber seems to be coming off. I don’t know what it’s called and I don’t know why it’s doing that.
The last photo, third below is the left-hand side which appears to look normal. The first two photos are the right hand side which appears to be abnormal.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior Rim
Hood Automotive tire Window Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea why the endcap looks like that? The left-hand side seems to look normal by the right hand side has that huge gap

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
a) Likely a factory defect.
Your CPO 2018 CLA is still under the original MB Factory warranty.
Suggest you have it repaired/replaced by visiting your friendly😉 MB Service Advisor.

b) What happened with the burned back facia?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a) Likely a factory defect.
Your CPO 2018 CLA is still under the original MB Factory warranty.
Suggest you have it repaired/replaced by visiting your friendly😉 MB Service Advisor.

b) What happened with the burned back facia?
Hey there!! Thanks for your comments!! I’ll make an appointment to get it checked out. I though I’d looked weird that one side seemed shorter than the other.,(not to mention- the molding appears like it’s also coming off..)

** they replaced the burnt facia! All food! 👍

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
356 Posts
Mine was the same after I had the front windscreen replaced, its just the way they have put the trim back on, simple misalignment, the one with the big gap will be pushed all the way back at the other end, a simple fix if you can take the trim off and put it back in, or drop in to the Stealership and get them to do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine was the same after I had the front windscreen replaced, its just the way they have put the trim back on, simple misalignment, the one with the big gap will be pushed all the way back at the other end, a simple fix if you can take the trim off and put it back in, or drop in to the Stealership and get them to do it.
Thanks for your comments!! I took it to the dealership today and they ordered the “clip”. Luckily, it’s under warranty!

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
yeah for a sun drenched moment there though it shrank in the dryer

glad its sorted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts