Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Thought I'd finally create a profile and introduce myself after trolling through this forum for months.
After deliberating for months as to what the next car would be (and after help from this forum to seal the deal) I've purchased my first Mercedes-Benz!
It's a 2015 CLA250 Sport 4matic Shooting Brake in Cirrus White. I know a lot of people prefer the coupes or sedans as we call the 4 doors here, but it's just something about a sleek, sporty wagon that attracts my attention.

Anyways, lets get to the good stuff. I've only had it for about 2 months now and I've done:
  • GFB VTA DV+
  • MST turbo muffler delete
  • AEM intake
  • Debadged rear (a lot cleaner IMO)
  • Plasti-dipped in satin black the front chome badge and accents
Future plans at this stage (also if the boss allows 馃槵馃檮)
  • Tint for the front windows
  • Satin black rear trunk badge (waiting on delivery - tried plasti-dipping multiple times but wasn't happy with it)
  • Remus catback exhaust
  • Front splitter (most likely R1 or Revoz)
  • Side skirt extension
  • Rear diffuser
Anyways enjoy!

Julz 馃

Registered
Yet another SB to make me jealous
Always loved wagons though they never seem to toss them across the pond
Do grab some before and after sound clips when you swap in the remus ... really like their designs

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yet another SB to make me jealous
Always loved wagons though they never seem to toss them across the pond
Do grab some before and after sound clips when you swap in the remus ... really like their designs
Yeah.. it boiled down to believe it or not the CLA or a Subaru Levorg. Safe to say I'm extremely happy with my choice!!
And will do with the exhaust. Jusy waiting on pricing from a local distributor and hopefully should have it in about 3 weeks.

Registered
And will do with the exhaust. Jusy waiting on pricing from a local distributor and hopefully should have it in about 3 weeks.
good show! looking forward to hearing the noise

Registered
a clean rear lid has been on every car i have had ... just hate cleaning around unnecessary obstructions ...

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Polishing can be frustrating too..
Maybe it's just partial OCD-ness on my part, but left over polish or wax stuck under the badges erks me like crazy 馃槚

Registered
What? Residue? Blasphemy!!
Now go to confession ...

Registered
I had a look at my engine bay and figured it was gonna take a fair bit of time - intake removal etc.
Is that the case?

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
No need to remove the intake for the M270 engine.
Remove engine cover
I removed diverter valve just for more room
Remove spring clip for turbo piping and push out of the way
Remove 3 small bolts that hold the turbo muffler in and its out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts