Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thank you for this forum. I’m enjoying the Hey Mercedes feature on my 21 CLA 35AMG. To learn what the feature can do, I’ve watched videos on YouTube. The basic requests my car does with ease. Those that are more conversational (tell me a joke, play a game, what do you think of BMW, etc) are all met with I cannot help at this time. Are there different levels of Hey Mercedes? Am I doing something incorrect that keeps the assistant from replying? Thank you for any assistance.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Anything about “training” this system in the manual?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thank you for this forum. I’m enjoying the Hey Mercedes feature on my 21 CLA 35AMG. To learn what the feature can do, I’ve watched videos on YouTube. The basic requests my car does with ease. Those that are more conversational (tell me a joke, play a game, what do you think of BMW, etc) are all met with I cannot help at this time. Are there different levels of Hey Mercedes? Am I doing something incorrect that keeps the assistant from replying? Thank you for any assistance.
At least you have your car. Im still waiting to take delivery of mine without even so much as knowing when it will be built. You got first world problems

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At least you have your car. Im still waiting to take delivery of mine without even so much as knowing when it will be built. You got first world problems
I’m hoping you get your car very soon. In the meantime, I’ll try to learn more about mine so if you ever ask a question here I might be of help.

·
Registered
356 Posts
does your car connect to 4g on the dash, if not i would start there,
ask it to open the roller blind(if you have pan roof )
or adjust the heat by saying hey Mercedes I'm hot and see if off line orders work

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does your car connect to 4g on the dash, if not i would start there,
ask it to open the roller blind(if you have pan roof )
or adjust the heat by saying hey Mercedes I'm hot and see if off line orders work
Thank you for the assistance!
My car will do these. I think what I’m really asking is if there are different levels of Hey Mercedes. Do some cars have more features - I noticed that the videos illustrating Hey Mercedes giving her opinion on BMW, her daily joke, etc. are all from the UK. Maybe specific to that market? As far as I can tell, my car does all the requests related to radio, phone, navigation, climate, roller blind. I’m still wishing I could find a list of all requests the car can do. There is probably one somewhere. I just haven’t found it. Thanks!

·
Registered
356 Posts
My car does the jokes ,but it is on online feature so maybe back to dealer just to check its all working properly, could ask hey mercedes what's the weather and see what pops up. it should give you an online weather forecast

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My car does the jokes ,but it is on online feature so maybe back to dealer just to check its all working properly, could ask hey mercedes what's the weather and see what pops up. it should give you an online weather forecast
The car has the one year subscription to Mercedes Me. It can tell the weather in my location. What prompt do you use for the joke? The BMW comment? Maybe I’m not phrasing correctly. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey mercedes what do you think of bmw, hey mercedes tell me a joke
I’ll try this in the AM and post back. You have been very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to help. First MB product. All new to me. I appreciate you.

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
310 Posts
I have read somewhere that there are different levels (ntg 6, ntg 7?) of interactivity between model years, however as you have a 2021 model you should have the latest iteration. If it isn't connecting properly as ANS said above, I would take it into the dealer and get them to check connectivity as a first step.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have read somewhere that there are different levels (ntg 6, ntg 7?) of interactivity between model years, however as you have a 2021 model you should have the latest iteration. If it isn't connecting properly as ANS said above, I would take it into the dealer and get them to check connectivity as a first step.
Thanks for the messages, ANS and DrOzCLA
I checked all my settings: 4G on, Mercedes Me icon displayed top right of screen
I can get a response from questions about weather, radio, climate control, rolling blind, ventilated seats. I don’t get a response (“I’m unable to help you with that right now”) if I ask for a joke, a comment on a competitor car, or a restaurant recommendation. Just wondered why. I can live without these lol.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can I ask which model you ordered and when? I'm just trying to gauge mine as I have only ordered in June of this year but haven't been given a build date. I was hoping for something, even if they tell me December at least I would have something.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can I ask which model you ordered and when? I'm just trying to gauge mine as I have only ordered in June of this year but haven't been given a build date. I was hoping for something, even if they tell me December at least I would have something.....
Hey Scot
I actually found my car two states away. I emailed three dealers within 500 miles. These 3 are the only ones who had a CLA 35 AMG. Of the three, one sold their car, the other car lacked a few features I wanted, and the third is the one I bought. It has almost all the features I wanted - and they delivered the car. I do hope you hear some good build news soon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Scot
I actually found my car two states away. I emailed three dealers within 500 miles. These 3 are the only ones who had a CLA 35 AMG. Of the three, one sold their car, the other car lacked a few features I wanted, and the third is the one I bought. It has almost all the features I wanted - and they delivered the car. I do hope you hear some good build news soon!
None of the dealers in Australia had everything I wanted and the dealer talked me into ordering by saying you should get everything you want. It was an error on my part to not have researched more in advance to see that there were long delays. I accept that now but would like them to issue a build date, even if that’s 6 months from now, but to at the minimum give me a timeframe. Currently I can’t even get an estimate if it will be 2 months or 20 months.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I understand how you feel. I do think you will be glad you ordered exactly what you want. Is there no one you can email (other than the dealer) who might give you an update?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I understand how you feel. I do think you will be glad you ordered exactly what you want. Is there no one you can email (other than the dealer) who might give you an update?
I might try to email the head office here to see if they can shed any light on what’s going on. Fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts