Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes. Please do. And let us know, Scot
Ok. I called Mercedes Me customer service. It appears everything is connected correctly for Hey Mercedes. The customer service recommended a stop at the dealer. I called to schedule. I’ll post what I find out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
My manual didn’t provide much on this feature.
BenzBoy21 >
Suggest you take these steps for guaranteed results:
a) Take a yellow legal pad and make a list of your questions & concerns down the left side, leaving 3 lines between each and using as many pages as necessary in order to complete your list.
b) Second - Make an appointment with the Sales rep who processed your order.
c) Meet him/her with your new MB and ask him to sit behind the wheel. .
d) Write in the answers as he demonstrates each of the answers. As you finish each question, you must repeat, what he just showed you. His whole role is to make sure you are satisfied...after all, both he and the Sales Manager received income from your purchase. In other words, he and the Sales Manager both owe it to you. You already paid for this service!
Take this guide with you and come back here and let us know how it goes.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
BenzBoy21 >
Suggest you take these steps for guaranteed results:
a) Take a yellow legal pad and make a list of your questions & concerns down the left side, leaving 3 lines between each and using as many pages as necessary in order to complete your list.
b) Second - Make an appointment with the Sales rep who processed your order.
c) Meet him/her with your new MB and ask him to sit behind the wheel. .
d) Write in the answers as he demonstrates each of the answers. As you finish each question, you must repeat, what he just showed you. His whole role is to make sure you are satisfied...after all, both he and the Sales Manager received income from your purchase. In other words, he and the Sales Manager both owe it to you. You already paid for this service!
Take this guide with you and come back here and let us know how it goes.:)
I will and I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thank you for this forum. I’m enjoying the Hey Mercedes feature on my 21 CLA 35AMG. To learn what the feature can do, I’ve watched videos on YouTube. The basic requests my car does with ease. Those that are more conversational (tell me a joke, play a game, what do you think of BMW, etc) are all met with I cannot help at this time. Are there different levels of Hey Mercedes? Am I doing something incorrect that keeps the assistant from replying? Thank you for any assistance.
Have you purchased an online subscription. It is something that you have to buy and subscribe to. Google “Mercedes internet in car” you should find it.
Without this you won’t be able to do anything that needs online functions.
steve B

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks, Steve
Mercedes Me is complimentary for one year. I called MB Me yesterday. The assistant did not know why I could not access all features of Hey Mercedes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I had wanted to use the MBUX system completely and not Apple Car Play, but I’m a bit discouraged. I connected last night and Siri navigates, changes tracks in Spotify, finds restaurants, and at least replies to general banter. I won’t give up trying to discover why Hey Mercedes is not working fully, but at this point I’m realizing that Hey Mercedes can control in car basics and Siri can control everything else. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ironically the answer to your question should be something you could ASK your Mercedes itself and it would tell you. Still a long way to go in the virtual assistant technology…

21 - 28 of 28 Posts