Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

:mblogoblack:

My name is Kevin (audi4t) and I live in Connecticut, USA and I'm looking forward to educating myself through this forum on the virtues of the CLA.

My current car is a BMW 135i convertible.

I'm planning to buy a CLA45 AMG using the European delivery program.

My schedule is to take delivery around May / June 2014.

My most recent cars after the BMW 135i are a 2008 BMW Z4, 2006 BMW Z4, 2004 Audi TT Roadster, 2002 Audi TT Roadster and a 2000 Audi TT Coupe.

My wife has a Lexus CT200h hybrid.

The AMG will be the first Mercedes I have owned.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Welcome to the site, from a fellow Nutmegger (who really says that?!) lol

-Eric

P.S. Out of curiosity, what part of the state are you from? I'm down in Fairfield County.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for the welcome

I live in Madison

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hi

:mblogoblack:

My name is Kevin (audi4t) and I live in Connecticut, USA and I'm looking forward to educating myself through this forum on the virtues of the CLA.

My current car is a BMW 135i convertible.

I'm planning to buy a CLA45 AMG using the European delivery program.

My schedule is to take delivery around May / June 2014.

My most recent cars after the BMW 135i are a 2008 BMW Z4, 2006 BMW Z4, 2004 Audi TT Roadster, 2002 Audi TT Roadster and a 2000 Audi TT Coupe.

My wife has a Lexus CT200h hybrid.

The AMG will be the first Mercedes I have owned.
Welcome Kevin !

Virtues and shortcomings of the CLA...

A two door and convertible guy. Would you be happy moving to a hard top 4 door albeit a fast one ?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point - but as I get older I find hp addictive.

The BMW has 320 hp and is fast - the 355 hp in the AMG has got to be phenomenal !!!!!!:big smile:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed - plus I had the DSG (twin clutch Transmission) in the last Audi TTR .

That is a great transmission for cracking off fast shifts !!!!!!

:cool2:

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
So, you're probably used to the transmission induced "farts" people either seem to love or hate in the videos of the CLA45. I've read that they're common from DSG equipped cars. I had a 2002 TT Quattro Roadster but mine was a 6 speed. I loved that car. It was Amulet Red with the upgraded 18" 5 spokes. I traded it in for something more practical (i.e., my Volvo) right before my daughter was born. :D

-Eric

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, you're probably used to the transmission induced "farts" people either seem to love or hate in the videos of the CLA45. I've read that they're common from DSG equipped cars. I had a 2002 TT Quattro Roadster but mine was a 6 speed. I loved that car. It was Amulet Red with the upgraded 18" 5 spokes. I traded it in for something more practical (i.e., my Volvo) right before my daughter was born. :D

-Eric
Yes I had a 3.2 V6 with DSG (only 250 hp :crying:) - occasionally I had to "reboot" the software, by turning the engine off and back on, since the transmission would go into "limp" mode

1 - 11 of 11 Posts