Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
it feels amazing it takes turns wonderfully, it feels like its glued to the floor.

amazing handling with the sport mode

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you have it in Eco mode it will take off in second gear.
Even with eco off, i still found it sluggish in first or second....when i mentioned it to the dealer, he said he was wondering if I would notice...he thought the same and had driven several...everyones perception is diff:wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I thought the highway is really where this car shines. I live in a downtown area and I felt like city driving left a lot to be desired but on the highway, the steering wheel is so stable I feel like I don't have to hold it. It glides during acceleration with no jerks from the transmission and I feel like the car really hugs the road at high speeds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I test drove the cla an hour ago and also believe the highway is where this car truly shines. It hugs the road. It feels like the car cuts through the wind. I am impressed. My current car is 2006 BMW 5 series. In comparison on highway the wind tosses the BMW around, where as the cla remains calm and compliant. I am sold!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Even with eco off, i still found it sluggish in first or second....when i mentioned it to the dealer, he said he was wondering if I would notice...he thought the same and had driven several...everyones perception is diff:wink:
My gosh, what do you usually drive, the car is not sluggish at all. I turned the ECO button off and with 3 of us in the car it sprung to action quite nicely thank you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I test drove the cla an hour ago and also believe the highway is where this car truly shines. It hugs the road. It feels like the car cuts through the wind. I am impressed. My current car is 2006 BMW 5 series. In comparison on highway the wind tosses the BMW around, where as the cla remains calm and compliant. I am sold!
I don't know if it's just marketing hype but my understanding is the CLA is the most aerodynamic car in current production.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts