Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to see how many are leasing and buying. I have a 2008 C350 and I am seeing people build and option sheets and thinking if I wait just an extra year or two I could have alll the bells and whistels of the new CLA with low milage for close to 40% discount

·
Registered
730 Posts
... I am seeing people build and option sheets and thinking if I wait just an extra year or two I could have alll the bells and whistels of the new CLA with low milage for close to 40% discount
I'm thinking an '13 model-year CLA that will be moderate/well equipped at $35k'ish will be worth at least $25k'ish in 3-years, going by C-Class pricing trends & residual values. So, that's about 25%-30% off MSRP going by such.

With that said, I believe the CLA's starting MSRP will go up after a year or two of release. And I believe the CLA will have a notably better resale value than the C-Class, due to its perceived value, styling, "tuner" potential, and general overall perception.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm thinking an '13 model-year CLA that will be moderate/well equipped at $35k'ish will be worth at least $25k'ish in 3-years, going by C-Class pricing trends & residual values. So, that's about 25%-30% off MSRP going by such.

With that said, I believe the CLA's starting MSRP will go up after a year or two of release. And I believe the CLA will have a notably better resale value than the C-Class, due to its perceived value, styling, "tuner" potential, and general overall perception.
Well once the car is signed and titled and you drive off the dealer lot BAM automatic 14% loss of value on the vehical and with 2 or 3 years of people moderate driving + - 30k over 3 years so thats a nice 10% off per year so you + - $18500 to $20 000 for the CLA. The NEW W205 thats yet to be seen if people like or not . I know alot of people on other MB forums who drive like me 08 C350 want to move to a E-class or wait for the New 4 series BMW.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Buying.

Btw, in my experience, most cars lose about 50% of their value over the term of a 36-42 mo lease. There are exceptions, of course, but less expensive cars don't tend to fall into the high residual value category.

-Eric

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am curious to see how many are leasing and buying. I have a 2008 C350 and I am seeing people build and option sheets and thinking if I wait just an extra year or two I could have alll the bells and whistels of the new CLA with low milage for close to 40% discount
I definitely plan to buy. You are limited in terms of miles, if you lease.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts