Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know how to change the bass and treble when listening to the radio, but I can't figure it out when I'm connected using CarPlay. While listening to music from Apple Music, I can only access the bass/treble if I leave CarPlay and put it on normal radio. And when I change the bass/treble there, it only affects the sound from radio stations, and not music from devices connected to CarPlay. The bass is ridiculous when listening to Apple Music, and anything from a device.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Oh? No audio profile settings in a carplay menu somewhere?

Also try iphone settings and search for “EQ” ... might find a bass boost toggle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh? No audio profile settings in a carplay menu somewhere?

Also try iphone settings and search for “EQ” ... might find a bass boost toggle
I’ve tried the eq settings on the iPhone itself, but it doesn’t change the sound while playing on CarPlay, and the only way to access the eq setting on the Cla is to leave CarPlay, go to normal radio, and change it there...but it doesn’t effect the sound when you switch back to CarPlay...

ive owned the car for a year now, and I love it...but I can’t believe that neither Mercedes, or Apple haven’t seen this problem, and haven’t tried to release an update to fix it. I’m sure something like this could easily be fixed with a simple software update.
The sound quality is great while listening to CarPlay, I just wish I could lower the bass a couple of notches.
I haven’t called my local Mercedes dealership yet, but I think I’m going to call them this week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I read your thread about this problem, but your fix did not work for me.

It takes you out of CarPlay, and you have to click radio to access that "music note" to change bass/treble...problem is that, that only changes the setting for music coming from the radio, and not CarPlay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 CLA. It’s the same for me. I can’t change the EQ while in CarPlay. However, I had a 2019 loaner, I was able to change the EQ while in CarPlay. Also, for my 2017, there is no indication of the volume. But the newer one shows you the volume when you are changing it.
Maybe MB updated the firmware of the stereo system and enhanced some functionalities.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2017 CLA. It’s the same for me. I can’t change the EQ while in CarPlay. However, I had a 2019 loaner, I was able to change the EQ while in CarPlay. Also, for my 2017, there is no indication of the volume. But the newer one shows you the volume when you are changing it.
Maybe MB updated the firmware of the stereo system and enhanced some functionalities.
Thanks James...
Hopefully MB will update systems or something soon, cause it’s a little ridiculous how you can’t control the sound settings while under CarPlay, that sounds like pretty basic functions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts