Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an auto CLA 200d

On previous cars such as audi's and bmw's to select sport mode momentarily for an overtake it involved sliding the gear selector either backward or to the left to engage sport mode.

Once overtake complete then slide it back then you were in normal mode.

On the CLA the gear selector is on the stalk and i can only see reverse park or drive.

So to complete an overtake i have to press dynamic mode on the console to get sport. Then change back.

Just seems a faff on. Is there an easier way to do this?

I understand you can just mash the throttle but the kick down is very slow.

Thoughts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
CLA has a steering column mounted gear shift, no other way to select sport except the console switch. I usually drive in E mode, and have no issues selecting "S" mode to overtake a car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CLA has a steering column mounted gear shift, no other way to select sport except the console switch. I usually drive in E mode, and have no issues selecting "S" mode to overtake a car.
Yeah it's a bit of a naf system though to be fair.

I drive in Individual

Steering - sport
Engine - comfort
Start stop - off
Aircon - comfort

I tried to keep the engine in sport but it just revs its nuts off and is annoying

·
Registered
C250 W205 M274
2 Posts
I also drive my C class in Individual, this is because I hate the Start Stop function so I have it off in Individual mode. The problem with these cars is that the the console setup is not friendly at all.

·
Registered
2016 CLA 250 2.0L 4matic
47 Posts
I usually drive in comfort or eco (I've finally trained the comfort mode to pull away from a stop in 2nd gear). If I plan on passing, I'll downshift once or twice and give the car ~30% throttle so I have some boost built up before the overtake.

If I plan on passing more than a handful of cars, I put the car in individual (double tap from comfort, triple tap from eco). I have my individual set up to be manual shifting only with sport steering so I can hold 6th gear on the highway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts