Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 AMG CLA 45 (USA model)- just swapped out the seats, and now have the airbag message (normal message when unplugging seats)-
Does anyone know how to reset this?
I was able to do this in my Audi, but this ain't no Audi!

·
Registered
26 Posts
You'll need a Diag/tester to reset it. Also (but hope not to!) you'll have a 'bigger' problem... I have this too, someone told me is the weight sensor inside the seat, but someone with a tester put it on and said the seatbelt buckle sensor is down so I need to change it...

Have someone reset it and update us. Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply- I first went to Autozone to have them scan for the diagnostic code- but really, not to get the code, but to see if this would reset it. It did not. They tried to sell me an OBD tool that is just for resetting seats ($130)- I won't be messing with the seats anymore, so I passed.
I brought it to a local Euro car shop, they rest it for $50. No issues with any sensors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sure thing, my pleasure.

Yeah, the OBD tools are pretty 'meh' with this specific car. I have one but it cant read it and also throws random codes that a STAR tester didnt have...

So you got it done with just a reset afterall?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm coming from Audi, and there was so much more you, as an owner, could do with the car if you had VAGCOM- besides resetting CELs, etc.
I bought a set (front/rear) Recaro seats that came off a wrecked 2016- pristine condition, except the driver seat frame base was bent. I had an auto upholstery guy (who does custom work) use my original seat base as the 'donor' for the replacement base on the Recaro (I called MB parts department and confirmed the part numbers for both seats were the same). Except for the airbag light, plug-n-play.
Sorry for all the background- Yes, a simple reset did the trick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Definitely the VAGCOM lets you do more, even mods. A piece of cake using it, indeed.
No need to say sorry for anything. I love to hear 'stories' about the mods so I can have knowledge of why and how it's done :) means a lot, instead of a simple 'yes'
Glad you got it done. So, yeah, will go for a reset on mine too, hopefully all will be good. Thanks and enjoy your ride :d

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers!
And last thing- I wish this- or another Forum- was as active as a VAG Forum!
People have so much helpful information to share, as well as unique mods, stories, etc. I am on the FB page, but there is almost no moderation happening, and it's difficult to search for info.
Ok, rant out. Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep, missing those 'forum' days, now all these things happens on Facebook groups... wich is awful but yeah...

Have a wonderful day out there dude.

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts