Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow CLAers, I have bought a 2013 Mercedes B-Class. I am very happy with the purchase and it's a great car. I'm telling you all this because the B-Class shares the following components with the CLA:

Interior Options and look in the front
Engine
Transmission
Suspension
Options/Packages

The only difference is the exterior, the trunk/back seat and production location, the B is still being built in Germany (at least for the Canadian market, but that may change). Here's my quick review that I posted on a B-Class forum:

I picked up my B-Class this morning at Oversees Motors in Windsor. Not sure if anybody uses them, but I want to tell you, they were fantastic through the whole buying/pickup process.

A quick recap, I got a mountain grey B with the sport and premium packages as well as Dark Ash Wood trim. It is made in Germany and it came with the gloss black on the mirrors and the pillars. (The sport package gives you gloss black mirrors and pillars, but a lot of people that ordered the B when it was available in Nov received their B's with the standard chrome mirrors)

My first impression when driving it was it’s amazing. The roads in Windsor and VERY bad and while the ride is stiffer than my old 2003 C-Class, I was surprised at how refined the ride still was, even with the sport package and the Conti run flats. I also drove it tonight in downtown Toronto and I swear, every street is under construction or has lots of potholes and I found the ride was fine. It 's a little harsher than the 2011 B and my 03 C, but I can live with it.

I had a 2011 B-class as a loaner for the week and the difference is night and day. The new B is lower and wider. You don't climb into it, but you also don't drop into it, it's the perfect height for sliding into it.

I absolutely LOVE the engine, very smooth acceleration and the acceleration on the highway is wonderful. The seats are soooo comfortable. Driving from Windsor to Toronto was a treat, just like my 03 C-class, very supportive seats.

I got to drive it at night and the bi-xenon lights are very bright (never had them before) and the orange ambient lights are cool.

Now for a bad thing. Why oh why did Mercedes make this great car at this great price and make the auto dimming mirrors part of the memory package? If I want to dim the mirrors, I have to get power seats? I don't want the power seats and I'm not paying $1200 for the package. You should be able to add them as optional equipment. I think I'm going to see if I can get at least the rearview mirror as a dimming mirror, terrible Mercedes, just F'in terrible.

Also, I can't seem to hook up my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3). I can use bluetooth to listen to music, but when I use the cables provided by Mercedes, it says it can't detect the phone.

That's it, I found nothing else wrong with the B. I love it and hopefully will keep loving it for a long time.

Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure. If you have any question, I'll try to answer them for you.
20130406_110504.jpg 20130406_131506.jpg 20130406_131808.jpg

·
Registered
294 Posts
How much did you pay for it including tax?

P.S. I can't believe i am gonna have to wait 6 more months for the cla 250. It is so excruciating for a impatient person like myself lol. Im tempted sometimes to go buy another car that i could get right now but im gonna
wait it out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't be sad. I didn't buy it because I was tired of waiting for the CLA, but more because it suits me and my life at this time. It is similar to the CLA as I pointed out, so I'm getting a half CLA. :big smile:

Like I said, it's night and day compared to the original B-Class. When my wife and I looked at the old B, we didn't buy it for a lot of reasons, but the new one is so much different that it required another look and what a look. We love it, especially, the new look and I love the drive. Using the paddle shifters is very cool.

The base is $29,900. I paid $37ish

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congratz' on the acquisition, looks great! :D

The glossy black Ash trim looks wonderful. I would love to have it, though I'm not sure how it'd look w/ the Brown Leather interior... :confused:

The interior seemingly is virtually identical to the forthcoming CLA, any differences noted? I can only see perhaps different instruments/gauges, no chrome bezel around the center console area... :cool:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats, this is the car I would buy too, if I was going to buy another car for the family.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I cancelled this week too. Mercedes of Boston must be like what the heck is going on!! Ill ride my SLK thru the summer and hunt for something then...and of course take the cla for a spin....cheers...

I cancelled my pre order tonight as well and bought another Audi. I am tired of looking at the CLA after being in these forums daily. Ah well.... it was fun.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the nice comments. I'll still be hanging around here. It's a great community and I still like the CLA.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I cancelled my pre order tonight as well and bought another Audi. I am tired of looking at the CLA after being in these forums daily. Ah well.... it was fun.
Well now we know that the sloth wears the pants in your family :big smile:

Hope you visit occasionally and add your input. Maybe we can still have that race, with you in your Audi.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's weird that a few have all dropped in what seems to be a matter of 24 hours. :confused: I hope you all stick around to share your thoughts with those of us who are still pursuing the CLA! :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's weird that a few have all dropped in what seems to be a matter of 24 hours. :confused: I hope you all stick around to share your thoughts with those of us who are still pursuing the CLA! :D
Pretty weird and all of the sudden. Well I wish everyone the best in their search for a car! I'm staying with the CLA.. I cannot stop looking it.. My biggest issue is 250 vs 45AMG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts