Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited. I have been waiting since March. Now I have a VIN and can spend the next few weeks stalking my car across the Atlantic! Test drove one and love it! I forgot to look for the GAP ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is some website they have mention in this forum. I will try to find the link. Once the car is assigned to a boat, I believe you can track it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My CLA is at the Halifax, Canada already.. Wonder how long it will take from East to West coast.

·
Registered
81 Posts
anyone knows where i could find the VIN? I have my production date to be 09/30/13, so I think my CLA250 has been produced as of now, right?

·
Registered
331 Posts
anyone knows where i could find the VIN? I have my production date to be 09/30/13, so I think my CLA250 has been produced as of now, right?
The VIN is assigned after they build the car. Your dealer will have the VIN.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Hey I have my vin and input it into the cargo ID area on the website yet it says no records found. Any advice?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mercedes uses more than one shipping company. In my case, it was sent through MOL, Mitsui O.S.K Lines (MOL). Unfortunately, unlike W&W, they don't have a VIN tracking system available to users. So, it's possible that yours is not coming from the same shipping company. If you knwo the date it is due to arrive in port, you can check against the ship schedule to see which ship is supposed to arrive at your designated VPC and track that ship. Mine is sitting at Brunswick VPC right now and I have no idea how long it's goign to take to get to me, which is only a 4 hour drive away :(

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Mercedes uses more than one shipping company. In my case, it was sent through MOL, Mitsui O.S.K Lines (MOL). Unfortunately, unlike W&W, they don't have a VIN tracking system available to users. So, it's possible that yours is not coming from the same shipping company. If you knwo the date it is due to arrive in port, you can check against the ship schedule to see which ship is supposed to arrive at your designated VPC and track that ship. Mine is sitting at Brunswick VPC right now and I have no idea how long it's goign to take to get to me, which is only a 4 hour drive away :(
Wellllll I'd rather not bother my dealership anymore asking them when its supposed to arrive in port, and when its supposed to leave port... I think they're sick and tired of me already lol. Should have left already or be leaving soon though since its supposed to be here Nov 8th, even though it has to cross the ocean to halifax, then be loaded on a train and transported here to Edmonton in Western Canada. I do know that the trains are unloaded inside of the city though.. Lol. Maybe its possible to call Mercedes Canada asking them on information? Anyone know if its possible to track a car that way?

·
Registered
40 Posts
For "ship" read U Boat 250, deck cargo! A friend just did an EU on a 911 and had a great trip (3000 miles) before shipping to CA.
Very envious and impatient.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts