Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just reserved/preordered CLA 45 in Mechanicsburg at Sun Motors. Limited options in computer. Black, Premium 1, Multimedia package. Third on list for CLA 45 at dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats, did they confirm delivery date? And estimate price of options on amg?
The dealer expects the premium 1, multimedia package type options to cost what the CLA 250's cost because they are not AMG specific options. On the limited screen for ordering those options cost the same as the CLA 250 that has a more complete option pricing capability. In fact the 250 4matic had the full option capability as well though those are supposedly coming out after the 45. No delivery date other than possibly November. They tell me that MB has in the past moved back dates on some cars (but on the initial interest/popularity of this car they expect that MB will meet the dates and prices of the press release). The dealer told me that I did not "officially" order the car but basically had the preliminary build sent to MB so the dealership can get allocations. In a few weeks (I expect more like May) they expect to have confirmed pricing and will contact me when the official ordering becomes available. I put a refundable (in writing) deposit of $1000 to be the third guy in line to order the car from this dealership.

For the 45 they only had the the premium 1 package, multimedia package, driver assist package, paint upgrade, wood trim, carbon fiber trim and a few odds and ends. No tires were on there as a stand alone option or part of any other package on the day of delivery. Personally I like the 5 spoke as opposed to the multi-spoked.

Went to NY Auto Show over the weekend and would not recommend any CLA for someone who is over 5' 10". I am only 5' 7" and it looks (did not get to sit in it) has enough room for me and I am not worried about the backseat because I don't sit back there and I have no kids. My dealer expects a CLA 250 to be at the shop for a day in either late May or early June with a MB rep to go over the car for the sales and service staff. They said they would give me a call to come and see it in person and possibly test drive it then even though it will be a lot different than the AMG version as far as performance. I just want a better idea of the driving dynamics such as seat position, vision, etc. I normally would not order a car without knowing more about it but having seen it in person I like the looks of it very much even though i do think the NAV screen seems out of place/not well integrated but I could get used to it. I think the seats in the show car and online will be upgrade and not standard. I expect the standard seat to be more like the seat in the current C class.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's sound good if you get to see it in may. I actually called the wilmington Benz dealer and he told me he is not expecting the amg until spring 2014. I haven't driven a compact in a long time, but this car got my attention and keeping me away from buying a 535ix until I test it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
ETA on the CLA's seems to be:

- latter September / early October 2013 for CLA250

- latter March / early April 2014 for CLA250-4Matic

- latter September / early October 2014 for CLA45-AMG

Going by the MB press-releases for CLA release, the 4Matic available 6 months later, and the AMG to be available 1 year after the CLA release.

Quite a wait indeed, I went from pre-ordering a CLA250 to considering a CLA45-AMG to looking into '06+ Aston Martin Vantage-V8s while I have to wait from this spring'on... :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
ETA on the CLA's seems to be:

- latter September / early October 2013 for CLA250

- latter March / early April 2014 for CLA250-4Matic

- latter September / early October 2014 for CLA45-AMG

Going by the MB press-releases for CLA release, the 4Matic available 6 months later, and the AMG to be available 1 year after the CLA release.

Quite a wait indeed, I went from pre-ordering a CLA250 to considering a CLA45-AMG to looking into '06+ Aston Martin Vantage-V8s while I have to wait from this spring'on... :D
Actually according to the press release:
Customer Availability:
 CLA250 (front-wheel drive) - September 2013
 CLA45 AMG (4MATIC-only) – November 2013
 CLA250 4MATIC – latest Spring 2014

·
Registered
730 Posts
Actually according to the press release:
Customer Availability:
CLA250 (front-wheel drive) - September 2013
CLA45 AMG (4MATIC-only) – November 2013
CLA250 4MATIC – latest Spring 2014
Cool, thanks! Only a month or two wait for the 4Matic to drop, I had assumed it was 6 months (as so stated here, here, etc) ! I knew the AMG would be 6 months after the 4Matic, which it apparently is.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I really hope you're wrong about the height issue. I am 6'2" and comfortable in my C350 (as long as nobody tries to sit behind me). I would assume that the CLA is similar- and since I don't have kids either, and the dog stretches out on the back seat, that would work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The size question is killing me, not seeing the car myself and hearing things like compact size and my brother who saw it at autoshow telling me its smaller than c class makes me think Jetta size, which is super tiny to go with 3 kids.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Add me to the list of people who are dying to know what the car is like up close. For me, Jetta size is perfect (since that's what I currently have), but for 3 kids....that could be tight.
The size question is killing me, not seeing the car myself and hearing things like compact size and my brother who saw it at autoshow telling me its smaller than c class makes me think Jetta size, which is super tiny to go with 3 kids.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Three kiddoz & all that they may entail (car-seats? travel-bags? etc...) may be a tight-fit for the CLA. This is a lifestyle vehicle more than a family-sedan, in'essence a coupe w/ 4-doors (and coupes are known for two things: comfortable front-cabin & styling BUT token-backseat & rear space). Add'in the fastback-styling & sloping roofline, rear headroom becomes foregone. However, if it's not a daily dealio w/ the kids, then the CLA should work (I think!).

If I was in a similar situation, I'd give some strong consideration to the Hyundai Genesis; it's got a premium feel w/ lotsa features, tier-1 type of construction, fullsize cabin-space, solid performance, and somewhat affordable pricing. I don't think there's another car that can offer all that w/o going premium upmarket and/or fullsize. Or a sporty wagon/crossover.

During the summer, my neices & nephew visit. Hauling them around would be do'able as they're 'tween-aged. But, I doubt road-trips beyond 2-3hrs would be attempted. Likewise, for the occasional hauling duties when out & about w/ friends and/or colleagues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The kids luckily are out of car seats and no longer being hauled to private school daily. So I know I'm good 5 days out of the week since its just daily commute to work. Weekend trips to north jersey and NYC (2 hrs) will have to be solely in the wife SUV. If its way too small once I tested which will kill me, I'll have to go back to my first choice until I saw pics of cla which is BMW 535

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just reserved/preordered CLA 45 in Mechanicsburg at Sun Motors. Limited options in computer. Black, Premium 1, Multimedia package. Third on list for CLA 45 at dealership.
Johnny-K - Did you ever take delivery of your CLA 45? I pre-ordered my CLA 45 in August at Sun Motors as well, and was 5th on the waiting list. I ended up getting bumped to 3rd, and just officially placed my order with an April build date, and May delivery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Three kiddoz & all that they may entail (car-seats? travel-bags? etc...) may be a tight-fit for the CLA. This is a lifestyle vehicle more than a family-sedan, in'essence a coupe w/ 4-doors (and coupes are known for two things: comfortable front-cabin & styling BUT token-backseat & rear space). Add'in the fastback-styling & sloping roofline, rear headroom becomes foregone. However, if it's not a daily dealio w/ the kids, then the CLA should work (I think!).

If I was in a similar situation, I'd give some strong consideration to the Hyundai Genesis; it's got a premium feel w/ lotsa features, tier-1 type of construction, fullsize cabin-space, solid performance, and somewhat affordable pricing. I don't think there's another car that can offer all that w/o going premium upmarket and/or fullsize. Or a sporty wagon/crossover.

During the summer, my neices & nephew visit. Hauling them around would be do'able as they're 'tween-aged. But, I doubt road-trips beyond 2-3hrs would be attempted. Likewise, for the occasional hauling duties when out & about w/ friends and/or colleagues.
Oh lord. My 4 year old niece loves riding in her auntie's new car, but her car seat is a bitch to deal with. Never mind having to vacuum after her. When I have children, I'll definitely get an SUV, I just don't have the patience for car seats and a sedan. God bless anyone who can do it.

I guess if her car seat was a permanent fixture in the car it wouldn't be so stressful, but honestly I can't imagine trying to wrestle a child into a car seat and then buckle them in. My niece is thankfully old enough to do it herself.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Back to the OP's question....

Steve from Lancaster County

Have yet to see another CLA on the road.

ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1401433348.363894.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum

1 - 20 of 28 Posts