User Infraction
moneyB

Infractions
(-) Inappropriate Language
(-) Insulted Other Member(s)
(-) Signature Rule Violation
(-) Spammed Advertisements
(+) Crimes Against Cars

This is the same type of thinking that thought it was a good idea to clone sheep. Geez MoneyB

·
Registered
331 Posts

My eyes...my eyes...I'm melting...melting...oh, what a world...

-Eric
Those things are horrid.. Maybe it is me but I am kind of purist when it comes to cars. I do not like to mod them out. I tend to buy fully loaded so that it leaves me with no doubts. I do not even like to tint my cars, but I will be adding clear bra for these horrible Cali roads. Not much more than that..

That being said, I have seen some tasteful mods that are very pleasing to the eyes. So there...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you could make it look as good as factory/stock, I think it would actually look decent. I think to do that though is too much work.

It would definitely look better then the Buick port holes I see people stick on cars all the time!

Nice to know someone agrees and apparently me and you aren't alone. Jaguar has hopped on the kia style fender vents bandwagon. Take a look...

2013-Jaguar-F-Type-1.jpg

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Nice to know someone agrees and apparently me and you aren't alone. Jaguar has hopped on the kia style fender vents bandwagon. Take a look...

View attachment 840
Wait! Stop. Please. You think KIA started the fender vent trend? You need to check your auto-history books because you've got it all backward. lol Heck, the e46 M3 had vents and it was far from the first car with vents. In fact, so, too did the Z8 and the car to which it paid hommage, the 507! I have nothing against KIA but they haven't yet reignited or started any new styling trends in the North American market.

-Eric

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wait! Stop. Please. You think KIA started the fender vent trend? You need to check your auto-history books because you've got it all backward. lol Heck, the e46 M3 had vents and it was far from the first car with vents. In fact, so, too did the Z8 and the car to which it paid hommage, the 507! I have nothing against KIA but they haven't yet reignited or started any new styling trends in the North American market.

-Eric
Oh Shit. Lmao! Yeah I should've known hyundai/kia the biggest copycats in car biz never come up with there own design. I just did a bit of research on it. WOW! Fender vents go way back.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Putting front fender vents on a non-coupe/non-sportscar, especially a sedan (CLA250) that isn't even the performance model (CLA45) would be beyond poseur'ish. Keep w/ the form-follows-function mantra, only consider such if going w/ an AMG powered CLA.

Generally speaking, these vents aren't an aesthetic/cosmetic thing. There's actual functionality for engine-bay ventilation & help w/ lowering IATs (if-applicable)

Remember, Benzes are meant to be clean- almost "sleepers" in their space. Especially the CLA, which carries the new S-Class silhouette in the CLS form-factor. If anything, go for sleek & sophisticated mods that befit such a special platform.

·
Registered
495 Posts
That mod would look completely horrific. MB set themselves far from the competition, a mod like that would not look official.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts