Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering does this corn standard apart of the cla45. If so what year model or is it an option. What package is it apart of. I would presume the illumination package .....?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Doesn't come standard. It's a separate option.

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
60 Posts
Just wondering does this corn standard apart of the cla45. If so what year model or is it an option. What package is it apart of. I would presume the illumination package .....?
Its a $450 option in the USA. Not sure if it can be retrofitted on a car that came without it. Maybe someone on here knows that answer?
It was a "wife must have" for our 2020 CLA250 ?

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
60 Posts
Now if only it lit up the air ahead for less drag and better mpg
I think it also radiates high intensity infrared light with a wavelength of 904nm (same wavelength as USA police Laser Guns), which effectively gives a speed reading 25 mph less on his handheld laser gun....;)

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
I think it also radiates high intensity infrared light with a wavelength of 904nm (same wavelength as USA police Laser Guns), which effectively gives a speed reading 25 mph less on his handheld laser gun....;)
Nah set it up for 976nm a few GW collimated beam profile ... gets things out of the way ... what traffic?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its a $450 option in the USA. Not sure if it can be retrofitted on a car that came without it. Maybe someone on here knows that answer?
View attachment 65336
yes it’s def can be installed after market. Bunch of YouTube videos on how. I was lazy and just brought it to a Local car shop and theydid it for only about $100. I bought theilluminated star on amazon for like $25 (made in China) but you can’t tell. Bestmoney spent on my car

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 65336
Got mine after market for less than $100 US. Amazon has some good products. Bought the star on Amazon and then went to an auto repair shop to have it put in. Total cost _ $187. Looks great, no probs.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
don't you just twist off the star and replace with lighted star. There is a writeup on the boards for the DIY'ers

·
Registered
906 Posts
pa4ul,
Tried to add it to my 2014 CLA's, but it would have taken the space of the front sensors.:mad:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
oh yea with distronic there is no option for lit emblem. I know they sell a fake distronic emblem that lights up and looks really nice but you will lose your radar! sorry

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
906 Posts
Also, the lighted sills are a fabulous second place "...in your face" lighting feature.
They were not a factory option for any of us back in '14.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I get a lot of compliments on the front emblem puddle lights. Then I get the question why not in the back also and I answer, Mercedes only felt the front seats need to know where puddles are. .

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
906 Posts
"….and the front is where the money came from...!"

Reactions: jmc

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
I get a lot of compliments on the front emblem puddle lights. Then I get the question why not in the back also and I answer, Mercedes only felt the front seats need to know where puddles are. .
i did look at those rear door red lenses a long time ago and was wondering why there were no harnesses to those ... not too difficult to add the same led holder and wire it just like the front doors ... but then drilling into the lower section of the rear door for the puddle lights now thats another issue ... just figured to replace the red reflectors with active units and fresnel lens the light downward somewhat and be done with it

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
i did look at those rear door red lenses a long time ago and was wondering why there were no harnesses to those ... not too difficult to add the same led holder and wire it just like the front doors ... but then drilling into the lower section of the rear door for the puddle lights now thats another issue ... just figured to replace the red reflectors with active units and fresnel lens the light downward somewhat and be done with it
I cant understand why they wouldn't add puddle lights for the rear doors but alas wasn't worth to effort I suppose? They do have sideways projector puddle lights on amazon. Might be worth seeing if there is power to tap into..

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
I cant understand why they wouldn't add puddle lights for the rear doors but alas wasn't worth to effort I suppose?
Cuz perhaps like some folks (me me me!) who wanted the new car back then the subconscious decision was already made — its a coupe so the rear doors are just ornaments that happen to articulate and lower insurance ... so we treat the car as a 2 door anyway ... gotta hand it to those german bean counters with mind control backgrounds

1 - 20 of 20 Posts