Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've noticed they keep saying it will be in showrooms by November but that may just mean demo models. I was told by my local dealership that we won't get it in Canada until spring 2014, and I don't see why the USA would get it that much earlier than us.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just dunno how the CLA45-AMG can be available for public consumption, so to speak, before next summer (about a year from now). The earliest CLA250 USDM deliveries will be mid-fall 2013 (latter September / earlier October), so it's very doubtful that the 4Matic will be November (IMVHO); it had been purported that the AWD version would be publicly available 6 months after the regular CLA, and the AMG-version another 6 months after that (or 1 year after the regular CLA availability).

I know someone mentioned in a thread that the AMG version of the CLA would mid-winter & the 4Matic being early winter w/ the regular CLA late Fall. I don't see how that can be feasible based on past MB release schedules. But, if such is the case- people need to plan accordingly as waiting a few months for the 4Matic and/or AMG isn't that much of a wait, relatively speaking.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just dunno how the CLA45-AMG can be available for public consumption, so to speak, before next summer (about a year from now). The earliest CLA250 USDM deliveries will be mid-fall 2013 (latter September / earlier October), so it's very doubtful that the 4Matic will be November (IMVHO); it had been purported that the AWD version would be publicly available 6 months after the regular CLA, and the AMG-version another 6 months after that (or 1 year after the regular CLA availability).

I know someone mentioned in a thread that the AMG version of the CLA would mid-winter & the 4Matic being early winter w/ the regular CLA late Fall. I don't see how that can be feasible based on past MB release schedules. But, if such is the case- people need to plan accordingly as waiting a few months for the 4Matic and/or AMG isn't that much of a wait, relatively speaking.
I really don't see how the CLA 45 comes out a full year after the CLA 250. That would put it into the next year's cycle of the CLA 250, and to be honest I've never heard of a company showing two sets of cars and having one release a full year after the other one. I truly think it'll be a couple of months after the CLA 250 release, but hey the best we can ALL do is opine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really don't see how the CLA 45 comes out a full year after the CLA 250. That would put it into the next year's cycle of the CLA 250, and to be honest I've never heard of a company showing two sets of cars and having one release a full year after the other one. I truly think it'll be a couple of months after the CLA 250 release, but hey the best we can ALL do is opine.
BMW definitely does that. Think about the current 3 series, were still waiting for the M3 sedan 1.5 years later. I have also been reading that November is the US release date for the AMG from multiple sources.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts