Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2016 Cla 250 4matic my instrument cluster started going on and off while driving and showing check engine light and also high beam lights and the buttons on the steering wheel don’t work when this problem occurs I had a local mechanic check the car and shows a few codes stating I need to replace battery and alternator the mechanic checked everything was good noting mechanical is wrong with the car so I took the car to the Mercedes Benz dealership because problem got worst and the dealer told me I had to change my water pump and my cluster and my Thermostat they did the job and it cost me 5k for parts and labor being that my warranty expired during the COVID shut down last year 2020 got the car back from dealer 3 weeks later and still had the same issue but not as bad as before do you guys have a idea what the problem is???
Vehicle Speedometer Plant Odometer Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
... do you guys have a idea what the problem is???
a) Did MB replace both batteries?
b) The 5k MB work should be guaranteed, suggest you return immediately for a new list of codes and repair.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Jrv82

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've having this same issue with my cla250 for sometime now, I still haven't figured out exactly what it is however I believe its definitely got something to do with the wiring in the instrument cluster/ speedometer. might just have to replace the whole thing but then you'll have to reprogram it to show your actual mileage on the car. like I said I'm still trying to figure out what to do myself, let me know if you figure out exactly what the issue is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a) Did MB replace both batteries?
b) The 5k MB work should be guaranteed, suggest you return immediately for a new list of codes and repair.
My batteries are good I’m returning the car to them this week and getting a loaner this issue is very annoying I love my car but I’m planning on trading it for the new Cls r maybe the e class

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've having this same issue with my cla250 for sometime now, I still haven't figured out exactly what it is however I believe its definitely got something to do with the wiring in the instrument cluster/ speedometer. might just have to replace the whole thing but then you'll have to reprogram it to show your actual mileage on the car. like I said I'm still trying to figure out what to do myself, let me know if you figure out exactly what the issue is.
I will let you know when ever Mercedes find the problem at this point this issue is very annoying

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way they changed the cluster and the problem still occurs but it rarely happens now since they worked on the car but I just want the problem to go away completely

1 - 8 of 8 Posts