Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a problem getting insurance for their CLA? I put my VIN number in and not only does Progressive not recognize it, the CLA is not listed in the Mercedes family. AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
...and how many cars do you have insured with them...and are they insuring your home...and what's your driving record look like...have you submitted any claims...and how about your education history...your occupation...your credit history...your gender...etc

Btw, my questions were rhetorical, but they all go into consideration when it comes to auto insurance rates.

-Eric

·
Registered
331 Posts
...and how many cars do you have insured with them...and are they insuring your home...and what's your driving record look like...have you submitted any claims...and how about your education history...your credit history...your gender...etc

Btw, my questions were rhetorical, but they all go into consideration when it comes to auto insurance rates.

-Eric
So True!

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
And even that list isn't entirely accurate since it really all depends on the state you live in. Some states allow for a limited number of factors to be considered. Other states are more liberal. Its heavily regulated and, at the end of the day, almost impossible to compare rates with other ratepayers because of the complexities of the industry, the dozen or more bits of criteria potentially considered, and the variances in state laws.

-Eric

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks. I was on the phone with Progressive for about an hour last night. Finally got it done.
Did they end up figuring out the CLA, or did they quote you against a similar model? A friend of mine got a quote for a car once that was a new model, and his insurance went up after they got data on the vehicle. It seems they reserve the write to change your premium once they get that information.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Did they end up figuring out the CLA, or did they quote you against a similar model? A friend of mine got a quote for a car once that was a new model, and his insurance went up after they got data on the vehicle. It seems they reserve the write to change your premium once they get that information.
I have been with E-surance/Alstate for 7 to 8 years. No real issues. I find them to be cheap for my monthly "what if" payments.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am an old geezer at 45, but safe driving record. All things being considered, I was still surprised it only went up so little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.