Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks from the US,

do you guys know what your insurance liability + full coverage on the CLA25 will be? I am living in NC and I am fairly new to this country (1.5 years US license). My insurance tells me, because I am 'inexperienced' I have to pay a premium. The full coverage alone would be $350 a months plus 150 for the regular insurance. And then she said yeah that's expensive, it is a 2014 mercedes. I mean gosh, the premium for the insurance is higher than the expected lease rate or what is going on there??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey folks from the US,

do you guys know what your insurance liability + full coverage on the CLA25 will be? I am living in NC and I am fairly new to this country (1.5 years US license). My insurance tells me, because I am 'inexperienced' I have to pay a premium. The full coverage alone would be $350 a months plus 150 for the regular insurance. And then she said yeah that#s expensive, it is a 2014 mercedes. I mean gosh, the premium for the insurance is higher than the expected lease rate or what is going on there??
Change insurance company :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
260 Posts
Which company? Do you know from cases like that? What do you pay?
Just got few different quotes from insurances (allstate, geico, pemco, progressive) as I will be getting my E1 next week -- all comparable to my current ride (non MB SUV, comparable in terms of MSRP). Naturally some higher, some lower ;) The lowest - from my current company, so I probably will be just replacing my current ride to E1 in my policy....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just checked Geico. $154 per month($500 collision deductible), that's 40% higher than my Lexus. I thought that's super high but your $350+$150 is outrageous.

.... The full coverage alone would be $350 a months plus 150 for the regular insurance. And then she said yeah that#s expensive, it is a 2014 mercedes. I mean gosh, the premium for the insurance is higher than the expected lease rate or what is going on there??

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hey folks from the US,

do you guys know what your insurance liability + full coverage on the CLA25 will be? I am living in NC and I am fairly new to this country (1.5 years US license). My insurance tells me, because I am 'inexperienced' I have to pay a premium. The full coverage alone would be $350 a months plus 150 for the regular insurance. And then she said yeah that#s expensive, it is a 2014 mercedes. I mean gosh, the premium for the insurance is higher than the expected lease rate or what is going on there??
You didn't tell us your age and driving record. If you are under 25, that's about right for San Francisco and Los Angeles. The insurance payment frequently exceeds car payment. NC should be a lot lower.
If you are thinking about leasing, you need not only full coverage but also a low deductible and gap insurance.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I think we pay about $500 every 6 mos on our 2013 Pilot with a $250 deductible. It cost a about the same as a loaded 250. My assumption is that a 250 should be about the same but it does vary by location, driving history, gender, marital status, type of car, discounts (e.g., multi-car), deductibles and the side of the bed your insurance company woke up on that morning.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I think we pay about $500 every 6 mos on our 2013 Pilot with a $250 deductible. It cost a about the same as a loaded 250. My assumption is that a 250 should be about the same but it does vary by location, driving history, gender, marital status, type of car, discounts (e.g., multi-car), deductibles and the side of the bed your insurance company woke up on that morning.

-Eric
Ha ha. I hope the insurance company wakes up and sees the car as a 4 door family sedan instead of a sporty 2 door coupe. At my age, the kind of car makes relatively little difference but for young buyers, it can be huge.
I bet some buyers will drop out of the queue when they find out how expensive the insurance is, especially when they are doing a lease. There is going to be quite a jump in insurance premium from a 2005 Toyota Corolla to a CLA250 !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My driving record is clean, I am 27 years old and credit is good but not long. Like I said my life in the us started approz. 1.5 years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my breakdown gentlemen and ladies....

Basically my quote was through State Farm insurance. After all calculations my quote was only 116 a month for the CLA. This insurance package that I chose will cover everything required for insurance when you lease a car. That entails 100/300k liability coverage etc.. I also qualified for their good driver discount considering I've never gotten a ticket or been in any accident my whole life (knock on wood). I'm very pleased with these numbers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bman,

Could you provide the complete coverage terms for your car as well as your age, location. I will be leasing too from Allstate and would be helpful.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Comparing insurance rates for different locations, age groups, genders, for people with different driving records, etc. is like comparing apples and...bricks. It doesn't matter if a 30yr old married male with a perfect driving record from Nebraska is paying $100/mo if you are 25 single and living in LA

Just go online and get quotes...a lot of them if you are truly undecided and have no experience with this (in which case, you're probably young and likely going to be VERY surprised -- no offense). Here are some insurance companies to check off the top of my head....

GEICO
State Farm
Progressive
All State
Farmers (we are farmers...baah bah bum bum bum bah bah)
Nationwide
eSurance
USAA (if you qualify)
I used to have awesome coverage and rates through American Express...which is now Ameriprise, I believe. The only company who could beat them was USAA.

I'm sure there are more. Google is your friend. It doesn't cost anything to get a rate quote and you can do it online for most companies these days. Most important, in my opinion, is not to choose a fly-by-night insurance company that you've never heard of...you get what you pay for. Find a good, reputable company. Take the best rates and then Google some reviews on the companies written by policyholders (does everything come up roses? bad? a decent mix?) Just keep in mind that It's easy to find negative information online -- people rarely go online screaming, "WAHOO, I LOVE MY INSURANCE COMPANY!!!!" Take that information and choose the company that fits your needs best.

-Eric

·
Registered
42 Posts
Comparing insurance rates for different locations, age groups, genders, for people with different driving records, etc. is like comparing apples and...bricks. It doesn't matter if a 30yr old married male with a perfect driving record from Nebraska is paying $100/mo if you are 25 single and living in LA

Just go online and get quotes...a lot of them if you are truly undecided and have no experience with this (in which case, you're probably young and likely going to be VERY surprised -- no offense). Here are some insurance companies to check off the top of my head....

GEICO
State Farm
Progressive
All State
Farmers (we are farmers...baah bah bum bum bum bah bah)
Nationwide
eSurance
USAA (if you qualify)
I used to have awesome coverage and rates through American Express...which is now Ameriprise, I believe. The only company who could beat them was USAA.

I'm sure there are more. Google is your friend. It doesn't cost anything to get a rate quote and you can do it online for most companies these days. Most important, in my opinion, is not to choose a fly-by-night insurance company that you've never heard of...you get what you pay for. Find a good, reputable company. Take the best rates and then Google some reviews on the companies written by policyholders (does everything come up roses? bad? a decent mix?) Just keep in mind that It's easy to find negative information online -- people rarely go online screaming, "WAHOO, I LOVE MY INSURANCE COMPANY!!!!" Take that information and choose the company that fits your needs best.

-Eric
I tried most of the companies listed here. None of them had CLA250 in their online quote forms. I do not want to call ten agencies (I will do it if that's what I have to do get the cheapest insurance). Is there a way you can do this online?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts