Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pleasantly surprised that adding the CLA to my policy only increased the premiums by $150 over 6 months. Now if I can only stay away from Florida's finest, I will be able to keep it that way.

·
Registered
381 Posts
What car did you have before?

Reactions: Pa2b32

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised that adding the CLA to my policy only increased the premiums by $150 over 6 months. Now if I can only stay away from Florida's finest, I will be able to keep it that way.
I was shocked with my car as well.. It is the cheapest out of the 3 below..

Reactions: Pa2b32

·
Registered
82 Posts
Which INS company? deductible / coverage you got?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought mine wasn't too bad until I see state farm in Chicago is less.

I pay $225 (6 mo) for my 05 volvo s40
A CLA will be $302, the Honda accord coupe would be $300

·
Registered
278 Posts

my premium sky rocketed another whopping $800. smh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seriously?! $300 for 6 months?! How is it $247 for 6 months in Chicago?

I'm calling around now to get quotes and the best I got was $180/month or $1300/6 months in SF. Jeeeezus

·
Registered
199 Posts

I'm calling around now to get quotes and the best I got was $180/month or $1300/6 months in SF. Jeeeezus
Chicago suburbs - I'm sure in the city it would be more. Then just the usual stuff....gender, age, accidents, etc. I guess I've got those things going for me. ;)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

San Francisco is expensive and has been expensive for decades.

For young drivers, the monthly premium can exceed car payments.

$1300 / six months is not that bad depending on how old you are and how's your driving record. Also how many cars you have insured with the same company. ? Your home ? Liability Umbrella ? Earthquake ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
San Francisco is expensive and has been expensive for decades.

For young drivers, the monthly premium can exceed car payments.

$1300 / six months is not that bad depending on how old you are and how's your driving record. Also how many cars you have insured with the same company. ? Your home ? Liability Umbrella ? Earthquake ?
I'm in the Bay Area and it must be something else that is making his quote higher. 3 cars and my bill is lower.

Here are some tips.
Add an older family member. - old person discount
Don't drive like an asshole - good driver discount
Add -a house, apt, or more cars. - loyal customer discount.
Add low jack - security discount.

:D

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I'm in the Bay Area and it must be something else that is making his quote higher. 3 cars and my bill is lower.

Here are some tips.
Add an older family member. - old person discount
Don't drive like an asshole - good driver discount
Add -a house, apt, or more cars. - loyal customer discount.
Add low jack - security discount.

:D
I live in Danville and the rate is nothing like San Francisco even though it counts as the "Bay Area." If you are in San Francisco, you can be 70 years old and drive a Mercedes 240D and your rates will be higher than mine in the suburb.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I live in Danville and the rate is nothing like San Francisco even though it counts as the "Bay Area." If you are in San Francisco, you can be 70 years old and drive a Mercedes 240D and your rates will be higher than mine in the suburb.
Nice! I bought my Mercedes from Walnut Creek and work in San Ramon. Yeah. I call it the pretty girl tax. Living in the city.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Nice! I bought my Mercedes from Walnut Creek and work in Sa Ramon. Yeah. I call it the pretty girl tax. Living in the city.
Mercedes of Pleasanton. Beautiful huge new store.
They may have to charge more for their cars to cover the almost certain enormous overhead...

·
Registered
70 Posts
$740 for six months under AAA. I'm in my 20s with 1 ticket in my record. AAA helped me lower by 300-400 for putting the new CLA as a leisure car:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
WOW ... some of you are being quoted rates that equate to STICKER SHOCK! I'm in the Atlanta area and my insurer, GEICO, quoted me an estimate of about $260/6 mos. They didn't have the car listed in their book when I called, 9/23, so they asked me to call them back in December when I get the car delivered for a real quote. I also have a 2002 X-5 and we're empty nesters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts