Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quote back from my insurance company, Allstate, and wanted to see if this sounded right.

Vehicle: Edition 1 CLA

Me:

Sex: Male
Work Status: Professional (100K)
Driving Amount: 50 miles a work day, weekends less
Driving History: No speeding tickets in 10 years. Clean

Rate Quoted: $1,005 for six months

My cousin has a 2012 CLS 550 leased and a 2010 Honda Odessey Owned and pays $900 together for six months

He is 5 years older and lives in NY, but other than that its practically the same.

This rate seems high. What do you think??

My insurance agent told me I could shop around, but warned that increased quotes could cause credit issues (inquiries on report) that could negatively affect it.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Got a quote back from my insurance company, Allstate, and wanted to see if this sounded right.

Me:

My cousin has a 2012 CLS 550 leased and a 2010 Honda Odessey Owned and pays $900 together for six months

He is 5 years older and lives in NY, but other than that its practically the same.

My insurance agent told me I could shop around, but warned that increased quotes could cause credit issues (inquiries on report) that could negatively affect it.
It only hits your credit report if you provide them with your social security number. You should be able to get an estimate without authorizing them to pull your credit.

-Eric

·
Registered
182 Posts
Depends on the state. In different states insurance pulls a soft hit on credit you would never see but you will see a price swing. CA does not allow credit scoring.

Quite a few company's want your social and dl to confirm exact rate and driving record.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just switched from Amica to Geico. I forget the actual number but I am paying $950 +/- with Geico

Im 31 years old, 2 accidents within the past 7 years, no speeding tickets and thats with my wife on the car too.

your rate is astronomical. Id shop around- try Geico... it saved me about 400 bucks from my plan with Amica for the same coverage and thats on the E1 with a high MSRP.

·
Registered
948 Posts
That is crazy expensive!!!!!!!! I pay $368 for 6 months for my CLA and I have a 16 year old on my policy. And an accident on my record. My insurance is with Nationwide. (I also bundle my homeowners with them and 2 other cars) I did recently switched from State Farm which was a lot more expensive for the bundle - driven by a huge increase in my homeowners insurance.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
That is crazy expensive!!!!!!!! I pay $368 for 6 months for my CLA and I have a 16 year old on my policy. And an accident on my record. My insurance is with Nationwide. (I also bundle my homeowners with them and 2 other cars) I did recently switched from State Farm which was a lot more expensive for the bundle - driven by a huge increase in my homeowners insurance.
Can I register my car at your address? I pay close to that per month with geico. 2 cars also.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

Me:

As you may know, insurance rates vary widely on many factors other than the value of your car. As I recall, the DC Metro area has quite high rates to begin with (my daughter used to live & work there). In addition, males are charged more than females; single people more than married; accidents & tickets; etc. A 50 mile per work day commute is considered high by Insurance Companies.

What were you paying on your old car? What was its value? Did you have collision and comprehensive on your old car, or are you now adding them on because the CLA is new and leased or financed?

Comparison shop: On the Progressive Insurance web site you can enter your data and see quotes from multiple Insurance Companies. I believe there other similar Insurance web sites where you can shop and compare (try finding w/ Google).

Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
112 Posts
As Alex stated insurance rates vary widely so its hard to compare outside of a specific area. Where I am the insurance rate for the CLA was quite reasonable. Its actually less expensive than my 2011 Kia Sportage....which still does not make sense to me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you guys serious!!!! that is sooooo friggin cheap! i live in ontario and guess how much i pay?? 489/month!!
Insurance in Canada is the biggest scam, just because im under 25 . and just for the record i dont have a single ticket!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My profile is very similar to the OP, just in Chicago. I'm paying $760 for 6 months for the CLA and an Odyssey. Wife is also on the policy.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Great, now EVERYONE is moving to Texas ;)[/QUOTE

Hopefully not. I liked Austin a whole lot better when the population was around 300,000.

The other side of this issurance issue is that Texas is one of the most expensive states for homeowner's insurance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
CLA 45....39 yr old professional, no tickets, no accidents....liberty mutual 's top insurance (lowest deductible, highest coverage, etc) $1,200 for year. Will insure both houses and office to bundle it....will be under 1k. NICE!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow also live in Texas I pay $1600.00 for both cars a year CLA and a 2007 honda odyssey for both cars with 100/75/100 coverage.
EVEYONE SHOULD MOVE TO TEXAS!!!

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
The only reasonable way to assess whether the rate is high or low would be to get quotes from other companies.

What others of different ages with different driving records in different territories pay is irrelevant.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I live in MD and use geico... Been with them for years & years... I pay 1400 a year for a 2010 cayenne and a 2011 g37... 500 ded...

They still had the best rates when I checked all around again years ago...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am in New Jersey which is the bloated insurance capital of the universe. Actually there are a number of things that are bloated in NJ. I am paying around 1300 for the year with Farmers. One accident bundled with homeowners. Seems like what you are being quoted it high.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I pay $950 for 2 cars on my Geico. CLA45 + Forester. I was surprised myself when I switched last year... had to confirm with them that they had the models correct. And that's after I decreased my deductible and added $0 comprehensive deductible. Crazy cheap... maybe it's a teaser I'll find out in a couple months...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts