Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I purchase a new large touch screen and added a backup camera for my new to me MY2014. Six hours of Blood, sweat, and beer. I got it done. The hardest part was removing the damn vents and putting 10 lbs of wire in a 5 lb space. I was pulling so hard on the vent, I was sure it was gonna break but it popped out. Screen looks goods. Responds well. Didn't get a chance to learn it yet. Thats another day. Cheers 馃嵒

Registered
Great work. Yes I remember pulling my old CLA screen out as well. That head unit and vent was a pain in the ass to get out. Definitely pretty cramped behind the head unit as well. Good job though!

Registered
well thats certainly one way to do it
dont suppose it came with a matte screen protector?
(thats the good thing about the 7鈥 screen ... not glossy and glaring)

Registered
well thats certainly one way to do it
dont suppose it came with a matte screen protector?
(thats the good thing about the 7鈥 screen ... not glossy and glaring)
True. The old matte displays were nice. All the new oem displays are gloss. From the A class all the way up to the S class but somehow it's a lot less reflective and brighter than the aftermarket screens I've seen.

Registered
What about the user interface ? Do you still have all the settings/menu of the OEM one ? and extra one ?

Registered
... but somehow it's a lot less reflective and brighter than the aftermarket screens I've seen.
its ok when the time comes i have tons of large tablet matte sheets i can use
optical coatings are a tricky (and expensive) business but someday it will be cheap
the actuaries are gonna have a field day studying glare related visual impairment and related accidents ... which of course means rate hikes

Registered
The most important question is about audio how is the audio quality? I dont know why the android routes audio over aux port instead of fiber

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
The audio sounds great. No difference from OEM. I attach the aux from screen to center console aux. You have to adjust volume and bass/treble parameters between two units tho

Registered
links to where you got it and how much? Please and thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
links to where you got it and how much? Please and thanks
Ordered from DMP car designs. I watched a YouTube vid from FLEXX. Title was Upgrade to andriod screen. He also offered discount. DMP is a trusted seller of these units. Screen was plug and play. This was the cheaper option than getting benz units. Cost was just under $600

1 - 13 of 13 Posts