Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys question here- sorry seems like a noob question, but what is the intended way to drive this car in the diff modes?

in sport and sport+, you should be flooring it when take off and then foot off pedal when revs change or keep foot on?
how should you be driving it so that the engine doesnt become 'thrashed' and is looked after
apolopgies this sounds liek a stupid questions, but what is the best way to drive this to its smooth etc in the diff modes when it comes to foot on/off the pedal and accelrating
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
The car has a dual-clutch transmission, therefore unless you are using launch control it is not recommended that you floor it from a standstill because the clutch has to engage first. Apply slight throttle, like 10-15%, from a stop and and you will feel the clutch engage while you roll forward, then you can floor it. Also, being a dual-clutch, if you are shifting with the paddles, the car wants to know what your next gear will be to shift as fast as it can. If you are decelerating it will assume you want to downshift and will upshift slowly, if you are accelerating it will assume you want to upshift and will downshift slowly. In automatic mode (letting the car do it by itself) it understands that if you are decelerating or cruising and then floor the gas pedal that you want to downshift to the lowest gear possible and will do so quite quick, but if you're using the paddles it won't usually behave the same. I could be wrong but this is what my understanding is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Doesn't feel like it for me, I can definitely feel hesitation when I accelerate from a standstill. Usually manufacturers have the clutch disengaged when the car comes to a stop because it saves a little bit of life on the clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts