Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am considering buying a 2022 CLA 250 or possibly an AMG CLA 35. I need to find out more information. And of course, a lot depends on availability, which looks pretty grim at the moment. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

A few questions, since I recently became interested in them and have not been able to see one, and today is Sunday so the dealerships are closed. I've tried to gather as much information as I can online, but it is frustrating.

1. Do the cars have a inside sunshade that can block out the moon roof so when you are in the car it seems like you are driving a car without a moon roof?

2. From what I have read the AMG CLA 35 has a stiffer suspension than the standard CLA 250, and thus has a rougher ride. Is this correct? This would be an issue for me since I have back problems.

3. Does the AMG CLA 35 come with the AMG performance seats as standard? Those look like they might be less comfortable.

4. Finally, how does the air conditioner perform in very hot weather?

I appreciate the help.

thanks,

Ed

·
Super Moderator
169 Posts
1. Yes the CLA has a sunshade that can block the moonroof. It's perforated with really small holes so it still lets some light through but it will definitely block out the sun. I had to use it this weekend because the sun was just too intense.

2. Yes the CLA35 has a stiffer suspension but I don't know if it's stiff enough to trigger back pain.

3. AMG performance seats are an option. And if you suffer from back pain I wouldn't recommend them. I like mine a lot and I find them comfortable once you adjust them properly for your body. But the reason I wouldn't recommend them to you is because they are really firm... and while I don't mind... I could see it bothering people with a sensitive back. Actually while I'm at it... even the regular seats in the CLA35 (and sport seats in the regular CLA) are firm... but still not as firm as the AMG Performance seats. I had an A220 service loaner recently with regular comfort seats... and I was pretty surprised by just how soft and comfy they are.

4. The air conditioner works and will keep the cabin cool. But in my opinion it's not as powerful as some other cars I've owned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Crester. Your information helps a great deal. What other cars did you have that had more powerful air conditioning? For comparison, I am currently driving a 2016 Volvo S60. The seats are super comfortable and the air conditioning is more powerful than any other car that I have ever owned.

I have always liked a Mercedes and am sorry that I did not buy one sooner.

One thing I like about the CLA 250 is that the gas cap is on the drivers side like the majority of cars where I live in TX. This means that if there is a line at the gas pump I can easily get in line since my gas access is on the same side as most of the cars. I cannot do this with my current Volvo the other Mercedes classes since they have their gas cap on the passenger side. This isn't something that I would have considered before, but sadly it is something that has been an issue lately--and it could be getting worse.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks, Crester. Your information helps a great deal. What other cars did you have that had more powerful air conditioning? For comparison, I am currently driving a 2016 Volvo S60. The seats are super comfortable and the air conditioning is more powerful than any other car that I have ever owned.

One thing I like about the CLA 250 is that the gas cap is on the drivers side like the majority of cars where I live in TX. This means that if there is a line at the gas pump I can easily get in line since my gas access is on the same side as most of the cars. I cannot do this with my current Volvo the other Mercedes classes since they have their gas cap on the passenger side. This isn't something that I would have considered before, but sadly it is something that has been an issue lately--and it could be getting worse.
Not sure about gas stations where you are but in the UK it does not matter which side of the pump you pull up to as the hose is long enough to reach either side. So i just pull up to whatever pump is free 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
169 Posts

I don't think the AC is significant enough to care about it... so don't worry about it. I do think you should check out the seats tho. Definitely goto the dealership and try them before buying. No way are the AMG performance seats or even the "sport" seats will be as comfy as Volvo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about gas stations where you are but in the UK it does not matter which side of the pump you pull up to as the hose is long enough to reach either side. So i just pull up to whatever pump is free 🤷🏻‍♂️
I live in the Dallas TX area and most of the gas stations don't have hoses long enough to reach around the car. This is an issue when most of the cars have their gas caps on the drivers side and line up accordingly. This is a problem if there is a line and you have your gas cap on the passenger's side. It is enough of an issue to take any cars that have their gas caps on the passenger side out of consideration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think the AC is significant enough to care about it... so don't worry about it. I do think you should check out the seats tho. Definitely goto the dealership and try them before buying. No way are the AMG performance seats or even the "sport" seats will be as comfy as Volvo.
Thanks so much. This is vital info. I wasn't planning to buy or order the car before sitting in it and testdriving it. And I have seen other threads that mention what the backlog is like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts