Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my pickleball game at a local community court, and went to my car, pop the trunk and threw my backpack into the trunk (my key fob was in it), and closed the trunk. The trunk popped open immediately, and as I forgot my key fob was in the backpack, closed it again and the trunk immediately popped open.

I then realized, hey maybe its my key fob... so I removed my key fob from the backpack, closed the trunk and this time the trunk remained closed. Wow, I think that is pretty cool. Of course, all this time, I have not yet unlocked my car doors yet.

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
interesting ... gotta go try to lock myself out now!!!!! :oops:

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
yeah you must have one of the keyless options ... does not work on the 14 system ... bummer
makes sense cuz the 15s have the extra receiver systems

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 4matic
30 Posts
I just tried it with a 15 and it let me lock the key in the trunk lol..
Don’t try this unless you have 2 keys should be common sense.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just tried it with a 15 and it let me lock the key in the trunk lol..
Don’t try this unless you have 2 keys should be common sense.
my CLA is a 2015 and has both keyless GO and keyless START

And it does not allow me to lock my key fob inside the trunk or even the cabin.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Maybe it was a special feature put into CLA's for Canucks... MB thought they are more likely to lock their keys in the vehicles, you know, with all that bacon and maple syrup in their hands....? I'll let myself out....

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe it was a special feature put into CLA's for Canucks... MB thought they are more likely to lock their keys in the vehicles, you know, with all that bacon and maple syrup in their hands....? I'll let myself out....
Lol ... and yeah, us Canucks are still living inside dome shaped igloos =)

Our Parliament building is actually built from ice blocks carved out and shipped from the cold true north. That's something I bet you yanks didn't know about us =)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts