Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a weird question.
Here is the thing. We test drove a 2010 C250 a few years ago. We thought the interior was crap. We were actually very put off by the car when we drove it because, for all the money/hype, it was worse than your typical family sedan which we'd also been trying.

I tried out another c250 this past month and I do like it more. I read that the 2012 is when the C class interior improved from the generally poorly-received interior of the earlier C. My question is - Being that this is a budget oriented car, the A-Class and all, is the interior going to be more like the newest C or more like the older.

Frankly, I think the circular vents have a corny 90's look to them, and this has me worried that the feel of the materials and quality will be similar to yesterday's C (older), given the cost-cutting.

As a pre-order car, this gives me great pause. Anyone able to voice an opinion based on experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a C class 2011 as a rent car some months ago for some weeks, I actually did not like the interior, it looked cheap and everything. In my C250 CLA the interior is very nice, more like my BMW 3-serie 2008, it looks modern and firm. But I cant say its better then bmw, somehow bmw interior is more stable/firm, but its not far away with the CLA. I do not complain, Im satisfied with it!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I know it's a weird question.
Here is the thing. We test drove a 2010 C250 a few years ago. We thought the interior was crap. We were actually very put off by the car when we drove it because, for all the money/hype, it was worse than your typical family sedan which we'd also been trying.

I tried out another c250 this past month and I do like it more. I read that the 2012 is when the C class interior improved from the generally poorly-received interior of the earlier C. My question is - Being that this is a budget oriented car, the A-Class and all, is the interior going to be more like the newest C or more like the older.

Frankly, I think the circular vents have a corny 90's look to them, and this has me worried that the feel of the materials and quality will be similar to yesterday's C (older), given the cost-cutting.

As a pre-order car, this gives me great pause. Anyone able to voice an opinion based on experience?

Thanks
Since I have a 2012 C250 Coupe and I have vivid memory of the 2004 C230 I bought my daughter and the 350 SLK I got for my wife, I can tell you in no uncertain terms the improvement of the
interior is dramatic. Mercedes Benz's problem now is how to convince the E-class sedan and couple buyers to spend the extra money when the C-class clearly rivals the appearance
and quality of their next level up cars.
I have not seen a CLA in person having missed the NYC car show. Based on numerous photographs and videos I have come across, I believe the quality should be comparable. As a matter of fact,
the CLA interior is a dead ringer to the C250 Coupe including the stunningly beautiful steering wheel, the center stack ( except the switches are black for the CLA and silver for the C-Coupe.)
the power memory seat control, the remote trunk opener and the window controls. Go see a C250 Coupe and you should get a good sense what the CLA interior looks like.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The lower part of the dash, below the aluminium or wood trim, is hard plastic. So is the glovebox door. It's a budget interior for that reason alone. Even the older version of the A and B Class had soft vinyl in that location.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The lower part of the dash, below the aluminium or wood trim, is hard plastic. So is the glovebox door. It's a budget interior for that reason alone. Even the older version of the A and B Class had soft vinyl in that location.
For a pretty well equipped base car selling for $29900 USD, they have to cut some corners somewhere.
The 2012 and later lower end cars are really much better than the earlier ones.
My only concern is the quality of the aluminum piece as I am taking the standard aluminum trim on my CLA45 to keep the price down.
The aluminum in my C250 Coupe is exquisite and I hope the CLA doesn't disappoint...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The CLA interior is much nicer than the old C-Class interior. Based on the A45, the AMG interior is much, much nicer! :p

My pics from the Barcelona Motorshow

CLA250

A45 AMG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts