1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CLA 250
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone !

I’m a 32 year old man from Toronto and
I just got a 2018 CLA 250 calcite white with a mileage of 30k on it .

I’m loving the ride so far.

Looking forward to comments and feedback about the CLA 250 and and tips to keep the car in a good condition, meaning not causing much damage to the run flats or the digital components, or anything else I should be watching out for.

I bought a 3 year extended comprehensive warranty and prepaid maintenance for 2 years.

Thanks !
Ash

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hello everyone !

I’m a 32 year old man from Toronto and
I just got a 2018 CLA 250 calcite white with a mileage of 30k on it .

I’m loving the ride so far.

Looking forward to comments and feedback about the CLA 250 and and tips to keep the car in a good condition, meaning not causing much damage to the run flats or the digital components, or anything else I should be watching out for.

I bought a 3 year extended comprehensive warranty and prepaid maintenance for 2 years.

Thanks !
Ash
Welcome to the CLA Forum Ash-bt :)
I see that you are doing some interesting tire research. Can you give me the link for the part of your research source recommending smaller size winter tires? Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 CLA 250
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum Ash-bt :)
I see that you are doing some interesting tire research. Can you give me the link for the part of your research source recommending smaller size winter tires? Thanks.
Thanks for your response Geo K !
Here’s one of the links recommending smaller winter tires .

More interesting is that it’s my Benz dealer’s recommendation as well .

Also here on the Benz Toronto web site (I was redirected to this from the Benz site) ,
I see a pirelli set of tires which are 17” recommended for the 2018 CLA 250 4 matic amg package
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Ash-bt,
Consider this:
Seems to me that any combination of
a) rim,
b) tire size and
c) tire pressure, which reduces your already low ground clearance, would be undesirable.
[Wet, heavy snow and ice can transform your front end into a "snow plow," which will result in significant damage, IMO.]

·
Registered
2018 CLA 250
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ash-bt,
Consider this:
Seems to me that any combination of
a) rim,
b) tire size and
c) tire pressure, which reduces your already low ground clearance, would be undesirable.
[Wet, heavy snow and ice can transform your front end into a "snow plow," which will result in significant damage, IMO.]
Thanks Geo K !

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
so as long as “smaller” is for width only you ... are fine ... just compensate with section

1 - 6 of 6 Posts