Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got me 2015 CLA 250 4matic .... and am really hopful that I can setup Android auto and Apple carplay, I know there is some mod out there but most seems to indicate 2016 or newer CLA ! is there a possible way to get this change out??

If so what do I need??

Thanks!

DaveC

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
If you are sure you do not have the cd changer then thats a good start
If yours is an early ‘15 then you may need a firmware update before the android/apple stuff takes ... time for a dealer scan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Thank you! I confirm yesterday the CLA 250 only have single CD player. I am scheduling for firmware update with dealership next week! After that! what should I do to get the Android aUTO AND Apple carplay??

Do I purchase those to make it work??
You may want to search threads as others have done what you want to do ... and there are a couple parts/ports to buy etc
The obd activator is certainly an option though if the dealer can give a reasonable price consider the oem route to avoid issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys.....Jason here based in Poland.... I have a late 2015 build cla250 from the US, I asked the dealer to update the firmware yesterday but they are too afraid to do it due to the apparent difference between US and Europe firmware... They said it could render the sound system useless if it's not compatible.
Guys, has anyone attempted a Europe update on US head unit?
I need help on this as I want to active Android carplay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts