Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the crankshaft sensor on my 2014 (that's an adventure!), and noticed a control unit on what I assume is the transaxle. There are wires and connecors that connect to this control unit pretty much in the open, which appear to be a little unprotected from the elements under the car. I did remove the panel under the engine to gain access to the crankcase sensor, but am wondering if there's another panel missing just aft of that panel that would protect that control unit? Any ideas would be apprecated!

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
A while back I posted a lower (full size) shroud update ... run a search ... but yeah the oem shroud does not cover the entire area

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced the crankshaft sensor on my 2014 (that's an adventure!), and noticed a control unit on what I assume is the transaxle. There are wires and connecors that connect to this control unit pretty much in the open, which appear to be a little unprotected from the elements under the car. I did remove the panel under the engine to gain access to the crankcase sensor, but am wondering if there's another panel missing just aft of that panel that would protect that control unit? Any ideas would be apprecated!
Hi strickily, I'm trying to replace my crankshaft sensor, however I'm having difficulty accessing it from underneath. I've removed the plastic panel from the underside of the engine, and I've even removed an aluminium shield that protects an axle to try and make more space for my hand. I can get my hand to the sensor, but I can't maneuver to remove the connector or unbolt the sensor. Is there anything else I need to remove, or did you reach from the top though the rear of engine bay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts