Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Is this acceptable?

8K views 50 replies 10 participants last post by  jmc 
I think you have to remember that the CLA45 AMG is still based on Mercedes' cheapest platform. The high price you're paying for the AMG version is for the fancier engine and performance upgrades... not for the interior. So you have to keep your expectations in check.

But yeah rattles are annoying in general... I hope mine isn't too bad.

Two weeks and a bit since I took delivery of my 2021 AMG CLA 45S. Still in the mandated run-in period (clocked up 1100kms this morning, getting close to the magic 1500!). Issue is that I have discovered two very distinct 'rattles/vibrations' in the cabin, one from the notorious drivers side B pillar seat belt tensioner, and the other a real rattle from the passenger door card or passenger side dash/vent (not sure exactly where, I am having trouble pinpointing it). I took it in to the Stealership and the mechanic came for a drive with me, but in the short run we had, I could not replicate it. He was nice enough, but you could tell that he was pretty sure it was just another grumpy old Merc driver having a whine about something most people wouldn't notice. I just think at this inflated price point, there should not be ANY rattles/vibrations from the cabin of a modern vehicle, am I expecting too much? I am happy to keep taking it back to them until they have fixed it. I'll keep you posted once they have attempted to rectify the issues.

Funny story... my dear wife, on her first drive with me just after I took delivery was asked what she thought... 'I liked the old one better, it didn't rattle like this one... how much did you pay for this again?' I let that slide. Next corner I turned she loudly exclaimed 'that indicator noise is very loud and annoying, and sounds cheap'. That was the straw that broke this camel's back 'How on earth would you know what an indicator sounds like, you drive a bl**dy BMW!!' Deathly silence until we returned home :cool:.
I saw this picture on another forum and I think it explains why we might find rattles in our interior. Look at how everything is put together... just clips! With these things if something isn't holding tight... well we'll get rattles. Guess we'll have to chase rattles down in the interior and make sure things are connected properly.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Steering part Flash photography

Mines in on Tuesday for ambient lighting fault, squeaky steering wheel & rattle behind dashboard.

Fingers crossed all goes well… I’m still fighting with the supplying dealer regarding a retrofit of AR Sat Nav.

They claim as it was built on August it wasn’t “missing” the now discontinued feature. I’m arguing it was in the spec when ordered so should be there!?

See how we go but suspect I’m on a losing footing with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm almost certain Augmented Reality has been removed from ALL MERC CARS for a while... not just the CLA.

If you look at how the cars are assembled it makes it more obvious why these cars rattle (and cars in general). The CLA interior is just a bunch of plastic parts snapped together. Lots of parts are NOT screwed together. It's just plastic clips that slide into holes into the piece it connects to. So basically you need to chase all these rattles with felt tape to stop things from moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.