Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Is this acceptable?

8K views 50 replies 10 participants last post by  jmc 
When a passenger exists there is enough flex to bring out or diminish a rub point ... thats one of my excuses for someone to maintain a certain mass (you think you’re gutsy? [emoji12])

I will agree with your BoringMondayWagon driver the gen2 cars are just a bit more tinny ... mostly due to managing cost points and the resulting suppliers in the mfa2 chassis program (but thats another story) though they did dump the funds into one hell of a 4 banger ay?! Serious motor.

My breakin was 2000mi (3200km) before the tach was allowed to romp past 2500 ... trained the granny E mode very well ... heh heh heh.

Think I may find a way to frankenstein the 2021 45 motor & driveline into my gen1 ... someday [emoji4]

telling ya ...

a hypodermic and uv grade silicone oil

does wonders

just dont do that in a parking lot with the cops strolling around ... [emoji13]

A quick update, after two days at the dealership and several drive around sessions with the tech trying to pinpoint the issue, they appear to have solved the problem. I didn't get a copy of the job report (as they have left it open pending my feedback) however the SA advised that there was 'excessive gaps between elements that are within the door panels' which they believe to be the issue. They used the silicone and MB sound proofing tape to fill those gaps (in two of the four panels) and on driving home, it does indeed appear to have been fixed. When I got the car I was despondent that there was no longer a 'Mighty MB Gap' in the new model, however, now I am very happy, as they have shifted the Mighty Gap to inside the doors, it is still there, just no longer visible... :ROFLMAO:
hey ... i can always create that pretty white gap for ya ... might look kinda funny but at least Rob can bless it :p

Mercedes Eastbourne, ,got no print out of work because all warranty work,
those tests are sop warranty or not
all the warranty fixes on mine were logged
factory hq needs all that info to track and log to keep bean counters happy
you have the right to ask for them - transparency

keep a hypo with high temp silicone oil … a tiny drop at the rub (noise) location

just dont show that needle if a cop shows up …
[emoji39]

well i can say that one new 2020 250 on the lot i tested was indeed a little more tinny than my 14 … no offense … though a brand new car with like 30mi on the clock should not be noisy like that

aside from all the panel and trim surface glare on sunny days the doors and seat belt pillars do sing a lot and that was just a 20min romp on city roads and a highway run

getting back into my 14 right afterwards was an interesting yet eerie feeling of quiet … could be the extension of the mfa2 chassis in both length and width so all the torsion and stress moments are different enough to cause just a mm more flex and the panels rub and scuff

though the silicone oil film will quiet those noise points down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.