Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
A quick update, after two days at the dealership and several drive around sessions with the tech trying to pinpoint the issue, they appear to have solved the problem. I didn't get a copy of the job report (as they have left it open pending my feedback) however the SA advised that there was 'excessive gaps between elements that are within the door panels' which they believe to be the issue. They used the silicone and MB sound proofing tape to fill those gaps (in two of the four panels) and on driving home, it does indeed appear to have been fixed. When I got the car I was despondent that there was no longer a 'Mighty MB Gap' in the new model, however, now I am very happy, as they have shifted the Mighty Gap to inside the doors, it is still there, just no longer visible... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
Mines in on Tuesday for ambient lighting fault, squeaky steering wheel & rattle behind dashboard.

Fingers crossed all goes well… I’m still fighting with the supplying dealer regarding a retrofit of AR Sat Nav.

They claim as it was built on August it wasn’t “missing” the now discontinued feature. I’m arguing it was in the spec when ordered so should be there!?

See how we go but suspect I’m on a losing footing with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines in on Tuesday for ambient lighting fault, squeaky steering wheel & rattle behind dashboard.

Fingers crossed all goes well… I’m still fighting with the supplying dealer regarding a retrofit of AR Sat Nav.

They claim as it was built on August it wasn’t “missing” the now discontinued feature. I’m arguing it was in the spec when ordered so should be there!?

I'm almost certain Augmented Reality has been removed from ALL MERC CARS for a while... not just the CLA.

A quick update, after two days at the dealership and several drive around sessions with the tech trying to pinpoint the issue, they appear to have solved the problem. I didn't get a copy of the job report (as they have left it open pending my feedback) however the SA advised that there was 'excessive gaps between elements that are within the door panels' which they believe to be the issue. They used the silicone and MB sound proofing tape to fill those gaps (in two of the four panels) and on driving home, it does indeed appear to have been fixed. When I got the car I was despondent that there was no longer a 'Mighty MB Gap' in the new model, however, now I am very happy, as they have shifted the Mighty Gap to inside the doors, it is still there, just no longer visible... :ROFLMAO:
hey ... i can always create that pretty white gap for ya ... might look kinda funny but at least Rob can bless it :p

Discussion starter · #26 ·
hey ... i can always create that pretty white gap for ya ... might look kinda funny but at least Rob can bless it :p
Too scared to ask how you will create a new Mighty Gap for me JMC, would it involve the use of a chainsaw perhaps? Having Rob bless it for me would make it all worthwhile though, I do miss the early days of telling anyone who would listen that it is design feature, not a design flaw!

I was told ecu update, but you you could tell them that you are having trouble with your phones blue tooth connection to get the mbux update
Interested in how yours was fixed bearing in mind their first attempt at a “fix” failed fir me!

They changed the ambient lighting controller which didn’t sort it, but when I mentioned ECU reflash to the head tech he said it wasn’t possible.

Be really interested to know exactly what was done to yours as this could be the difference to me keeping the car or not!

Silva

Interested in how yours was fixed bearing in mind their first attempt at a “fix” failed fir me!

They changed the ambient lighting controller which didn’t sort it, but when I mentioned ECU reflash to the head tech he said it wasn’t possible.

Be really interested to know exactly what was done to yours as this could be the difference to me keeping the car or not!

Silva

well as i said ecu update and mbux update to fup 3 is what i was told ,and my car has been sorted since ,,did they update your mbux

well as i said ecu update and mbux update to fup 3 is what i was told ,and my car has been sorted since ,,did they update your mbux
Yes car has all available updates and as I say, they told me an ECU flash “wasn’t even possible” but I’m not buying that.

I don’t want the interior stripped so if that’s the ultimate fix I will reluctantly give the car back to Mercedes permanently.

The only issue I have is that Audi are putting all prices up from 1st Dec so I may have to pay a deposit and order an RS3 Vorsprung just in case to avoid that. Audi have said they’ll happily refund me if I want to cancel and will put that in writing.

What a mess! [emoji30]

What dealership in the UK did you deal with? Maybe they can pass some info on if they recall what they did!!

Mercedes Eastbourne, ,got no print out of work because all warranty work,
those tests are sop warranty or not
all the warranty fixes on mine were logged
factory hq needs all that info to track and log to keep bean counters happy
you have the right to ask for them - transparency

Interesting that having had a chat with RJ Automotive here in the UK they are telling me that most Merc dealerships get them to do the AR Nav retrofit.

He says the dealerships have no idea what they’re doing!! [emoji85]

Hi took delivery of my CLA45s in January. No issues other then a rattle under the air con controls which is driving me mad. Booked in to be looked at soon. My car also missed the AR nav but I’d never use it anyway so not a big loss

Nothing much more than one can do but to bring in to the dealer and get them to fix it, especially if it's still under new car warranty.

We all want our car to be issue ifree especially within the first year of ownership, but the fact of life is, even the Maybach or Rolls-royce , would turn up a rattle or two during warranty period. Just exercise your right as a customer to expect the dealership to fix what is covered under warranty.
As fellow owners of the CLA, we all have gone through our frustrations and rants about the "imperfections" of our CLAs, but better to use that effort and energy of ranting to enjoy the better things/moments in life. As long as the car is not a complete lemon (which is a different story altogether), bring it to the dealer to fix what can be fixed, and take the rest of the little "imperfections" as part of owning a car in an imperfect world. JMHO...

Reactions: DrOzCLA and Crester
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.