Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A quick update, after two days at the dealership and several drive around sessions with the tech trying to pinpoint the issue, they appear to have solved the problem. I didn't get a copy of the job report (as they have left it open pending my feedback) however the SA advised that there was 'excessive gaps between elements that are within the door panels' which they believe to be the issue. They used the silicone and MB sound proofing tape to fill those gaps (in two of the four panels) and on driving home, it does indeed appear to have been fixed. When I got the car I was despondent that there was no longer a 'Mighty MB Gap' in the new model, however, now I am very happy, as they have shifted the Mighty Gap to inside the doors, it is still there, just no longer visible... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: SILVAF0XX

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mines in on Tuesday for ambient lighting fault, squeaky steering wheel & rattle behind dashboard.

Fingers crossed all goes well… I’m still fighting with the supplying dealer regarding a retrofit of AR Sat Nav.

They claim as it was built on August it wasn’t “missing” the now discontinued feature. I’m arguing it was in the spec when ordered so should be there!?

See how we go but suspect I’m on a losing footing with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mines in on Tuesday for ambient lighting fault, squeaky steering wheel & rattle behind dashboard.

Fingers crossed all goes well… I’m still fighting with the supplying dealer regarding a retrofit of AR Sat Nav.

They claim as it was built on August it wasn’t “missing” the now discontinued feature. I’m arguing it was in the spec when ordered so should be there!?

See how we go but suspect I’m on a losing footing with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm almost certain Augmented Reality has been removed from ALL MERC CARS for a while... not just the CLA.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
A quick update, after two days at the dealership and several drive around sessions with the tech trying to pinpoint the issue, they appear to have solved the problem. I didn't get a copy of the job report (as they have left it open pending my feedback) however the SA advised that there was 'excessive gaps between elements that are within the door panels' which they believe to be the issue. They used the silicone and MB sound proofing tape to fill those gaps (in two of the four panels) and on driving home, it does indeed appear to have been fixed. When I got the car I was despondent that there was no longer a 'Mighty MB Gap' in the new model, however, now I am very happy, as they have shifted the Mighty Gap to inside the doors, it is still there, just no longer visible... :ROFLMAO:
hey ... i can always create that pretty white gap for ya ... might look kinda funny but at least Rob can bless it :p

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
hey ... i can always create that pretty white gap for ya ... might look kinda funny but at least Rob can bless it :p
Too scared to ask how you will create a new Mighty Gap for me JMC, would it involve the use of a chainsaw perhaps? Having Rob bless it for me would make it all worthwhile though, I do miss the early days of telling anyone who would listen that it is design feature, not a design flaw!

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
yeah they took away our unique feature!

i was just thinking of some neon white accent tape .....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts