Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving through a fairly deep puddle yesterday, I immediately heard a noise coming from the underside of my car. I drove the 15 minutes home, and it finally occurred to me that it was the sound of something dragging. Once home, I got down and looked under the front of my car and saw something made of what looked like a fibrous material hanging down at an angle (maybe about a foot wide) and, while I was looking, to my amazement, it retracted. No more dragging, no more noise. Is this some sort of computerized water expulsion feature to let the rainwater out of the lower part of my car? If not, does anyone have any idea what it is?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
After driving through a fairly deep puddle yesterday, I immediately heard a noise coming from the underside of my car. I drove the 15 minutes home, and it finally occurred to me that it was the sound of something dragging. Once home, I got down and looked under the front of my car and saw something made of what looked like a fibrous material hanging down at an angle (maybe about a foot wide) and, while I was looking, to my amazement, it retracted. No more dragging, no more noise. Is this some sort of computerized water expulsion feature to let the rainwater out of the lower part of my car? If not, does anyone have any idea what it is?
Welcome to the CLA Forum motherfuller :)
a) it is a possible detachment of your undercarriage shield, which will need to be reattached.
b) Can upu upload a picture?
c) What year and model do you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum motherfuller :)
a) it is a possible detachment of your undercarriage shield, which will need to be reattached.
b) Can upu upload a picture?
c) What year and model do you have?
Thanks for your response! I have a 2015 CLA-250. There's actually nothing to take a picture of bc whatever it is has retracted and cannot be seen anymore. I literally SAW IT go back up! I guess what I can do is wait and see if the noise starts again and take it in to the dealership at that time.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Huh?
Can you post a pic of that articulated area??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts