Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Patient: Cla 35 AMG

Just for reference cause many people asked me questions about specs of my 20” setup on Facebook group and occasionally on traffic lights i leave it here.
I have bought used 20” Mercedes GLC rims 8” wide (4 the same). After driving almost month on 235/30 Bridgestones I had enough of lack of comfort. And proceeded with measurements and managed to fit 235/35 tyres. I tried couple of them and the only one that fit are
Yokohama Advan Sport V105
235/35 R20 92 Y XL, RPB, ZR
Ofc I didn’t tried all models but for your time and effort saving I recommend those.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actualy its cmfy, i was shocked how much difference there is between 30 and 35

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow that’s impressive. How’s the ride quality? I’m running 18’s with 45’s with a 1” drop. The ride quality is MUCH better but I’m scraping the fender wall on bumps.
Got any pics of the 45's as personally feel the CLA looks underwheeled with stock tyre size

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

I’ve been looking at 19” and want to keep a decent side wall for comfort which then I’ll have to swap the spring/shocks to something adjustable, thinking half inch drop.

·
Registered
32 Posts
View attachment 67995
I’ve been looking at 19” and want to keep a decent side wall for comfort which then I’ll have to swap the spring/shocks to something adjustable, thinking half inch drop.
So they are 18's

They look great!! So 225/45/18 tyre?

Is that stock ride height?

Any rubbing

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Thats mine on stock 225/40/18 but the tyres look tiny

·
Registered
68 Posts
It’s probably the drop (25 mm) makes the wheel-well smaller. Lots of upper rubbing on decent bumps. That thing with a drop would look pimp. But if you live somewhere with bad roads you might have to settle for 35’s and then you get back to the wheel-well space issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It’s probably the drop (25 cm) makes the wheel-well smaller. Lots of upper rubbing on decent bumps. That thing with a drop would look pimp. But if you live somewhere with bad roads you might have to settle for 35’s and then you get back to the wheel-well space issue.
I live in Scotland. It would be similar as to driving on the surface of the moon. The roads are horrific.

The CLA has a really low nose on it as is and almost scrapes at stock height

·
Registered
68 Posts
I live in Scotland. It would be similar as to driving on the surface of the moon. The roads are horrific.

The CLA has a really low nose on it as is and almost scrapes at stock height
Maybe get a lift. Lol

I lived in Baltimore for 2 years. Never seen roads that bad in my life so I feel ya.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts