Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from my dealer today! Add me to the list of people whose cars are on the boat crossing the Atlantic. Mine is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on Sept 4th, then will have to take a train and then truck to get to the dealer in Illinois. I don't have finalized dates for the actual arrival at the dealership, but it feels good to be "getting close". :clacmb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is the name of the ship the "Michigan Highway"? If so, mine's on the same one! Expected to dock on September 4th! I totally feel your excitement!

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's great news guys.

Can you please share what was your production start date, completion date, and date of shipment? Trying to figure out when mine will be delivered. Dealer says production start date is 9/2D which I understand to be Sep 10.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is the name of the ship the "Michigan Highway"? If so, mine's on the same one! Expected to dock on September 4th! I totally feel your excitement!
That's one ugly ship. But I guess if your car is on it then it's looking beautiful to you.
MICHIGAN_HIGHWAY.jpg

FYI - You can go here to do some tracking of the current ship location. Looks like it just passed through the English Channel is now entering open water.
MarineTraffic.com - MICHIGAN HIGHWAY - Vessel's Details and Current Position

·
Registered
381 Posts
"Michigan Highway"? Didn't the SS Edmund Fitzgerald sink around Michigan? I wouldn't be naming any freighters after anything Michigan.

·
Registered
294 Posts
There is a large fleet of these car carrying vessels that are all named "xxxx Highway" that have been named after USA states or regions. For example: Georgia Highway, Colorado Highway, Oregon Highway, Pacific Highway, ..... They're active in both the Atlantic and Pacific shipping lanes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's great news guys.

Can you please share what was your production start date, completion date, and date of shipment? Trying to figure out when mine will be delivered. Dealer says production start date is 9/2D which I understand to be Sep 10.
Mine was built on Aug. 6th, left port on Aug. 22nd and is due to arrive at a US port on Sep. 4th. From there, I don't really have any idea when I'll get my hands on it. People have said on here that the first date for availability is Sep. 23rd but my dealer says he hasn't heard that and it could be sooner. Just have my fingers crossed for "sooner" I suppose!

·
Registered
260 Posts
That's great news guys.

Built -- July 4. On boat from Aug 8. Boat name -- Lyra Leader. Should be in LA VPC at Sep 4th.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wonder if there's one called the "Rhode Island Highway". That state gets no respect. The boat would probably be bigger than the state.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine was built on Aug. 6th, left port on Aug. 22nd and is due to arrive at a US port on Sep. 4th. From there, I don't really have any idea when I'll get my hands on it. People have said on here that the first date for availability is Sep. 23rd but my dealer says he hasn't heard that and it could be sooner. Just have my fingers crossed for "sooner" I suppose!
Eranga / Alex: Appreciate the responses. Sorry to be nitpicky but any sense on when the production started and was completed? Mine is supposed to start Sep 10 and wanted to get a sense of how soon it would be built....

Good luck...hopefully you'll get to drive your cars soon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Eranga / Alex: Appreciate the responses. Sorry to be nitpicky but any sense on when the production started and was completed? Mine is supposed to start Sep 10 and wanted to get a sense of how soon it would be built....

Good luck...hopefully you'll get to drive your cars soon.
Ah...I get what you're going for now. Unfortunately, I really don't know what the exact time was for the build itself. Here's how it went for me: I emailed my dealer on Jul 29th and asked if he had any news on the status of my order. He said that the car "will be built on the 7th (August)". I checked with him on Aug 18th again and he said that they had completed the build a day early on Aug. 6th and then gave me the information I provided you earlier. So as you can see, there's no way for me to really tell how long it took from the start of the build to completion. Honestly I would say a matter of a few days (so probably before Sep 15th in your case). Sorry I couldn't be more specific!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ah...I get what you're going for now. Unfortunately, I really don't know what the exact time was for the build itself. Here's how it went for me: I emailed my dealer on Jul 29th and asked if he had any news on the status of my order. He said that the car "will be built on the 7th (August)". I checked with him on Aug 18th again and he said that they had completed the build a day early on Aug. 6th and then gave me the information I provided you earlier. So as you can see, there's no way for me to really tell how long it took from the start of the build to completion. Honestly I would say a matter of a few days (so probably before Sep 15th in your case). Sorry I couldn't be more specific!
Thank you, that was very helpful. For some reason I thought they take a month to build, once they start building, but doesn't seem to be the case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts