Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And I must say it looks exactly like it does in the pictures. No different. No less. I like how the body panels stretch beyond the front grill and the rear license plate (ie: it's apparent in the side profile). You don't notice those curves in any pictures. They're nicely done.

I am kinda bummed that they had the CLA's roped off and no one could sit inside them. That was my whole point in going to the show.

By the way, I noticed one quality flaw on the CLA model Edition 1 that was on display. The chrome molding on the driver side door was slightly misaligned with the rear chrome molding. I was able to touch it with my hands and it seemed more loose than It should be. It's almost like somebody damaged it and they put it back not entirely correct. It was slightly askew. Not something I expect from Mercedes' notorious fit and finish reputation. This model has been circling the globe so many times, I'm not surprised something got damaged on it. I just hope my production model isn't like that. Here's some pics..

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
OK This one is not Mercedes,
but what the heck:
image.jpg

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, by the way, I didn't ask the Mercedes staff any questions about it because I've been to enough auto shows to know those boobs are clueless when it comes to new models.

However, I did find out that if you give them your email address and personal address they'll email you a $500 discount off the purchase of a CLA. It's an Auto Show discount. Can't complain about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saw it in person yesterday morning too. I swear it was like falling in love with a favorite car all over again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
yeh i may be going there next Saturday as well to check it out.

disappointed you cant sit in em though as Ive seen youtube videos of people in them at the NYIAS already. maybe its just roped off during certain days/hours?

anyway, is the CLA45 AMG on display also?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Maxpl, that white one in my photos is a CLA45 AMG model. Both of the cars were sitting are elevated platforms. Maybe they're afraid of people hurting themselves climbing onto the platforms.

What's funny is that they have the doors fully open and you can touch the doors. There's really nothing from preventing anyone to jump up on the platform and get inside one. Although getting kicked out of the Auto Show may be a consequence.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh, by the way, I didn't ask the Mercedes staff any questions about it because I've been to enough auto shows to know those boobs are clueless when it comes to new models.

However, I did find out that if you give them your email address and personal address they'll email you a $500 discount off the purchase of a CLA. It's an Auto Show discount. Can't complain about that.
Wait!! Go back and sign us all up for the discount!! Haha!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just checked in the mariott...will be at the show in an hour ;) drinks are flowing should be fun.....:wink:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I saw that trim piece joey mentioned. It looked like crap. The one of the back door was cheap and razor sharp...ill add my thoughts in another thread

1 - 13 of 13 Posts