Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is James, I'm 28, and live near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Great site with lots of good information, had to sign up. :)

Past cars I've owned have mostly been Audi's; 98 Mits Eclipse GSX, 99 Audi A4 1.8T, 03 Audi TT Quattro, 06 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. I don't have any Benz experience but have heard mostly good things - Audi's have always been a lot of problems/repairs for me, but still love them.

I was thinking of buying a new Audi A4 or S4, until I saw the CLA. I hope to preorder a CLA when they allow it in the coming months - not sure if I want to wait for the 4matic or AMG yet, I'd like this car sooner than later. :) Look forward to posting and getting folks opinions and help. Thanks!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is James, I'm 28, and live near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Great site with lots of good information, had to sign up. :)

Past cars I've owned have mostly been Audi's; 98 Mits Eclipse GSX, 99 Audi A4 1.8T, 03 Audi TT Quattro, 06 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. I don't have any Benz experience but have heard mostly good things - Audi's have always been a lot of problems/repairs for me, but still love them.

I was thinking of buying a new Audi A4 or S4, until I saw the CLA. I hope to preorder a CLA when they allow it in the coming months - not sure if I want to wait for the 4matic or AMG yet, I'd like this car sooner than later. :) Look forward to posting and getting folks opinions and help. Thanks!
Hello James, welcome to the site!

Sounds like you are in the same boat as most of us in wanting the car ASAP and not necessarily being able to wait for the AMG version. I have a similar conundrum :)

Glad to have you aboard from wisCANSAN!

·
Registered
730 Posts

Welcome to the forum, a great lot here w/ lots of real-time info. I feel lucky I found the forum, not to mention the quality bunch here!

I'm headed to Wisconsin area of Madison next week for a project/training. I was there a few weeks ago. Still haven't thawed out! :D

Quite the Audi purveyor you be. My very good friend here in'towne, same deal. Lots of ownership aches & pains w/ his rides (A4 Avant S-Line, RS4, S4 Avant, etc), but he says it's worth it... to some degree. His threshold for such is much higher than mine, and he's quite the 'wrencher. But w/ that said, I've been a huge Audi admirer since the early '90s (had a few late '80s models in the extended-family). Over the years, I've liked every Audi, whereas I've only liked a few Bimmers & Benzes over the years.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome JB... :+)
you picked a good car now the hard part is waiting for it... so in the mean time you can pour yourself a drink in fine dining and post away! :mblogoblack:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum, a great lot here w/ lots of real-time info. I feel lucky I found the forum, not to mention the quality bunch here!

I'm headed to Wisconsin area of Madison next week for a project/training. I was there a few weeks ago. Still haven't thawed out! :D

Quite the Audi purveyor you be. My very good friend here in'towne, same deal. Lots of ownership aches & pains w/ his rides (A4 Avant S-Line, RS4, S4 Avant, etc), but he says it's worth it... to some degree. His threshold for such is much higher than mine, and he's quite the 'wrencher. But w/ that said, I've been a huge Audi admirer since the early '90s (had a few late '80s models in the extended-family). Over the years, I've liked every Audi, whereas I've only liked a few Bimmers & Benzes over the years.
Madison is a fun city to visit... when it's a little warmer. :)

Yeah I finally am at the point where I want something brand new (or near new) - sick of all the issues and problems with past used Audi's... but I do love the look (and drive) of Audi's still.

For the price and look, hopefully the CLA is worth it... I am a bit worried that with most options/tax/delivery, it'll be over $40K... also worried about the power of their 4cyl turbo. I've heard from friends that have Benzes that they're a bit underpowered, and most folks have said get the AMG if possible... I just don't want to wait until Spring 2014... need a car ASAP. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's not underpowered at all, I drove the B 250 which has the same drivetrain and it's actually very quick. The torque is better than a big block V8.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts