Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm here to check in, as requested by JMC.
Not a lot to say these days, of course. We're staying home
and staying safe. My Lexus and the other cars mostly sit idle.
My daughter drives the Infiniti QX30 once in awhile. I start
up the cars once a week to keep the batteries alive.
I'm teaching my classes online.
I really miss playing music live!
I totaled my 14 CLA in October, as an FYI for those who don't know the story.
Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
ahhh ... finally we get blessings from our pastor when we need it most :)
hope phase 2 goes well in your neck of the woods
worse case live in the qx30 its got the benz superduper cabin filter! heh

·
Registered
867 Posts
Great to hear from you:D
as one of the Mt. Rushmore Fathers of this Forum. Keep in touch with us and please comment on our solutions & experiences whenever you can.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Infiniti would be the vehicle of choice to reside in if necessary, though our Ford Taurus wagon wouldn't be too bad either. I still have trouble with being a pastor rather than a rabbi. :) Though I wasn't one of the earliest group, I did join in 2014. There's a lovely silver 250 in my neighborhood that I see on my walks. It's nice to see it. I do miss my black CLA. My Lexus 200t IS makes me just as happy, though it's not doing much these days, except getting started 20 minutes a week. I have navigation in my IS, but putting the addresses in is a PITA. The voice thing doesn't work so wonderfully. I use it to get home mostly. The iPhone over Bluetooth still gets the lion's share of GPS work. The Club Lexus forum is quite active, and there's as much whining as there was here (well, not really).

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
Makes one appreciate the good o’ 2014 COMAMD system, huh?
I talk to mine all the time ... maybe she has gotten trained to my voice does what I want now without complaining
Now if I could say that about ...

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't remember ever using voice in the CLA. I didn't have navigation and didn't use my phone for music.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Google Home talks out of the blue sometimes. Random nothings. Just like what I talk about.
Does she get sassy?

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
Oh good grief dont get me started on all those home assistant thingies ... watch what you say around them
My Comand lady is plenty sassy especially muttering make a u turn in italian ... you can almost hear a muted word (stupido) at the end of the phrase

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I think it is more than a coincidence that Rob totaled his CLA and the virus stopped us all from driving. Just sayin...

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm glad to see the snarkiness has continued.
What's a mattuh U, stupido?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm here to check in, as requested by JMC.
Not a lot to say these days, of course. We're staying home
and staying safe. My Lexus and the other cars mostly sit idle.
My daughter drives the Infiniti QX30 once in awhile. I start
up the cars once a week to keep the batteries alive.
I'm teaching my classes online.
I really miss playing music live!
I totaled my 14 CLA in October, as an FYI for those who don't know the story.
Stay safe everyone.
Great to hear from you & glad you're doing well.

Last night met with a few friends at a local restaurant (NH has allowed outdoor seating) and listened to a local duo. Been missing live music lately. Weather, music, food and camaraderie were great and it's good to get out. The CLA's been running great and it's nice to drive it again - now that it stopped snowing last week and have finally conquered my mouse invasion problem.

Any indication on when G. Newsom will open up for you? Never asked, does your gear fit in the Lexus or do you only use the wagon to gig?

Be well and all hail the mighty gap!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We are opening up here in California, at a slow pace, which is smart. Gavin is feeling pressure to get
things going, but is not opening everything quickly. I'm hoping my Cream tribute band (since last fall)
will play a Facebook live one of these Sundays in the drummer's driveway. Here's us at our last sold
out gig on Feb. 3:
My Lexus is actually a bit longer than the CLA, so no problem fitting my equipment, though when playing
with Fresh Cream I pick up the guitarist in the Taurus wagon.
Of course, long live the Mighty Door Gap!!!!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks so much. I'm really enjoying playing Jack Bruce licks in a Cream tribute band. Jack was a genius, as in songwriting, playing and singing.
I haven't connected with anyone, like on this forum, unfortunately. I don't post a lot on the Lexus forum. There's no Door Gap, so not much point! :)
It is nice having keyless entry and keyless start(standard), though it's not a big deal. Blind spot assist is much more important to me. Standard on the IS. MB has too many packages. Maybe that's changed? Back up camera is standard as well.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
... leave the door latched but not closed ... take a closeup picture of the gap and post it ... that should make you feel better
bsa was a no brainer option add back in 14 regardless of what poofy options list they had
keyless is convenient no doubt but do keep keys in a metal box while at home ... its nutty how semitechies can yank your car these days

1 - 20 of 33 Posts